1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotels

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by MrHoot, Feb 10, 2015.

1. MrHoot

MrHoot Vagabond

Hi, Just been playing Cities XL Platinum for a couple of days now and am getting OK with it for the most part. A question about Business Hotels: I build the first Motel OK and then any subsequent hotel seems to remain a construction site. When placing the hotel, the info says it will be built when the conditions are right. When will that be, or is there some mysterious bug in the hotel (like one I stayed in a couple of years ago!).
    Thanks in advance...

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Usually Offices need business hotels. Build more offices. You only need a few hotels.
    Also in game tips dialog (middle of screen) leave it open. It tells you what you need mostly.

3. MrHoot

MrHoot Vagabond

Thanks for the quick reply, Nicko. I will wait patiently for my hotel then :)

4. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

For some buildings you need a city hall, but for hotels you also need a good economical environment before you can build them. Business hotels need office services before they will appear, and offices only produce things when you have built a city hall.

5. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Also make sure they're placed near roads with good access to the borders of the city, since business hotels need Passengers to function.

6. MrHoot

MrHoot Vagabond

Update: Hotels are going well now. A new road link seems to have fixed it.