1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How Is Profitability Calculated?

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Tortuga, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Tortuga

Tortuga Unskilled Worker

What is the equation to calculate a company's profitability?

I had assumed that:
    <MaxMonthlyBenefit>960</MaxMonthlyBenefit> <!--Profitability will never exceed 960-->
    <MaxMonthlyDeficit>-5280</MaxMonthlyDeficit> <!--Losses will never go below 5280-->
    <UpkeepCost>1480</UpkeepCost> <!--1480 subtracted from budget every month??-->

and that:
    <Sensitivity01>
    <Layer>LPAS_0</Layer> <!--Profits affected by passenger transport -->
    <Percent>10</Percent> <!--Adds (or substracts a 10%) to the profit depending passenger transport -->
    <WarningPercentThreshold>2.5</WarningPercentThreshold> <!--Triggers a warning, doesn't affect profit-->
    </Sensitivity01>

Is that all there is to it? Are resources bought and sold taken into account?

<Production1>
    <ResourceName>ROFF_0</ResourceName> <!--Produces office services -->
    <ResourceNumber>240</ResourceNumber> <!--Produces 240 units -->
    <ResourceUnitMinPriceBenef>17</ResourceUnitMinPriceBenef> <!-- 240*17= 4080 income??-->
    </Production1>

Is this so? What am I missing?

2. APXHTEKTON

APXHTEKTON Unskilled Worker

interesting view of the problem ... i guess there are multiple layers or tags for financial values in the documentation of the game... Im still a noob in CXL modding but I would rather see what line I need to get exactly what i want,not more... using all 300.000.000 commands for a simple building isn't worth.. but still I would like to know the answer on your question,too ...

chEers

3. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

Yeah, it's almost this. The ressource production is the maximum production given perfect conditions (Jobs + Ressource requirements). The income (MaxMonthlyBenefit tag) will be further increased or decreased given other bonus or malus, such as diversity, etc. (parameters found in Globalsettings and simulation notes). Buildings can have insurance too (budgetagent tag).