1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

How To Make Windows In Homes And Offices Reflection Or Mirror Glass?

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by vipklerri, Sep 1, 2014.

1. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

I apologize for my English. I'm from Russia and more than a year playing this game.
    Then decided to do modding. A question for the professionals of the case, how to make a reflection in the windows, or mirrored glass?
    I saw many experienced in this business people are able to do so. Maybe there is a link where it is painted, it is all to do. Or do you share a secret? )))

Sincerely yours beginner Russian moderator.

P.S. Incidentally created his first house, who may be interested, of course vygljadet bad (even very bad). But still all ahead.
    The building is located in the Industry - Offices T3 - without a photo.

Attached Files:

2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

simply add a black/white map to your material in 3ds max (white = reflecting).

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

you need to create (a "specular" (which adds glossiness) and ) a "reflection" map (wich adds the "mirror"-effect)
    monty created a great guide about that, but i dont know if its already migrated on this new site

reflection map looks like
    h_low01_nyc01_t3_rf_lj0jod.png

the brighter the color is, the more intensive is the "mirror" look

and the specular like
    h_low01_nyc01_t3_sp_ln9j52.png

4. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

Yes, but when eyeing the windows, there are recorded at home, but not out of the game, and some others. How's that?

5. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

Is there somewhere on the internet a guide on creating such a reflection? I was looking for 8 hours, and did not find.

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

if you are talking about ingame reflections - thats not possible because the engine doesnt support it

7. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

Overall I understood about how to do. I will try to do.
    I talked about the houses or skyscrapers reflection in the windows of buildings. If you look at some of the buildings, you can see them. No it is not a reflection of the houses from the game. I wrote about this

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator