1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Human Citizens 1.0

Replaces cartoonish pedestrians for more realistic models.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Human Citizens - Replaces cartoonish pedestrians for more realistic models.

Read more about this resource...

Stealthman31 and Eduardo Moura like this.
  2. Lord-Katania

Lord-Katania Executive

Go to try Sounds Fantastic :)

3. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I hope this is not asking for too much, but... would it be possible to add someone riding a bycicle and one person walking a dog? If it's too much hassle forget I mentioned it ;)

Monty likes this.
  4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey what about a kitty then? :dm6:

5. mark patalano

mark patalano Vagabond

what folder does it go in? i put in in paks folder. is that correct?

6. mark patalano

mark patalano Vagabond

Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong? This mod looks real nice, but it doesnt show in my game .I put in in paks/mods folder

7. Monty

Monty Governor

It's technically possible, but for some reason it didn't work when I tried to add a jogger. While you can set a specific walking cycle for a pedestrian in the class file, for some reason it doesn't work correctly. It would take some experiments to get it working, if it's possible.

If the mod is installed in the correct folder I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Check your graphic options and make sure pedestrian visibility and traffic is set to 100% (if they show up, you can lower it down if you want). Or maybe the file got corrupted during download, try re-downloading the file. If it still doesn't work, then I don't know.

mrmnts likes this.
  8. mark patalano

mark patalano Vagabond

I tried all that..still doesnt show...I guess I'm stuck with the freaky looking people that came with the game

9. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

This is great! I've wanted this for ~7 years! Now that you made this, I realize how much I love colors and diversity and would appreciate a couple recolors.

10. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Anyway, it works perfectly fine at least in my city. I have lots of these realistic looking characters strolling around my city to their hearts content :dmc7a:

Attached Files:

Monty likes this.
  11. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hi there! me again :). There is at least one person on a bicycle from the original game's characters. She is at the bistro bar in the beach package. The funny thing is that she is just pedalling away on the spot going nowhere. I had never seen this character before. Just saw it yesterday accidentally. It seems the characters attached to buildings are not affected by your mod. Is that right?

Attached Files:

12. Monty

Monty Governor

That character is included in the mod. You may not see here often because it's one of the miscellaneous characters used in a few animations. The only characters that aren't replaced by the mod are sport players, santa claus and the hotdog man.

screenshot_440.jpg

Some buildings include animations that either are weird or don't make sense at all. That bike animation is likely to be broken.

13. kipate

kipate Governor

So Santa Claus' belly is still like a rectangular sixpack? :ROFLMAO:

14. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Awesome Monty!!

Mr.X² likes this.
  15. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

OK, I see. well, I can't complain; at least we have someone on a bike which is what I asked for and it's a proper-looking character. Thanks!

16. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Looks great! The people look realistic although they still have that funny spin movement. Now makes the cities look more realistic. Does anyone know where the keyboard shortcut command info is? I can't find a list of keyboard commands, especially for rotating right and left.

I can't wait to make my next Cities XXL video now that I'm done with Skylines after Snowjob wrecked my quest to make a city with a million Cims when I was almost 90% there. With my new 4K monitor and Cyberlink video making software I'll be able to show off the graphic beauty of Cities XXL in my YouTube series on the Omnius Prime channel.

Monty likes this.
  17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I just did a new XXL video and I showed off your new humans mod. You can see it here at: . I hope the link will work once I save this message. Look for me showing your new humans off around the 11 minute mark. I also coin the term "Monty Clones" a little after the 23 minute mark.

Is there a forum where XXL is discussed currently? I didn't really see much in the forums section here.

kipate and Monty like this.
  18. Monty

Monty Governor

Very nice video OmniusPrime, thanks for sharing it. Feel free to start a thread on the general forums if you want to start a discussion. The forums are not very active, but maybe it will get the attention of other members.

19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Thanks. I'm finding my way around the forums and resources now that I've overcome my fear of downloading mods from here and not just Steam. I always test each one before adding another just to make sure they work. I'm trying to figure out the monorail mod, I hope I can figure out how to make it work. I've tried it on two maps so far with each giving me the not enough room for road error message. I'm wondering if I need a working rail connection between two cities for the monorail to work. Or if Mr.X2 is correct that it only works on some maps. Just wish I knew which ones as this would look great in a video.

20. Monty

Monty Governor

On which map are you trying to build it? I'll check it out.