1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by axel, May 1, 2016.

1. axel

axel Governor

it might be an idea to mention construction sizes of mods,
    this because there are still a lot of difference in buildings which are not really supposed to be.
    For example, the door that I make with frame and window above the door are around 2.40 / 2.50 meters,
    and the height of the floors, there are approximately between 3.00 / meter 3:50,
    depth of the building is between 9.00 / 10.00 meters of a terraced house,
    depth of a building of a tenement/mansion of a townhouse is approximately between 10.00 / 16.00 meters , it depends on how old the building is.
    To prevent various sizes buildings so that modders can take this into account and you can continue to build beautiful cities in the game.

But again its just an idea

Monty and Mr. Sky like this.
  2. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

Yes, I understand your idea. It seems that some buildings are too high. In Germany there are only a few buildings, which stories are much higher than the remaining.
    [​IMG]

But there are also other things, that are not in the right scale. The streets are to large, that means, that there would would be room for 4 cars, instead for 2 cars.

[​IMG]

axel likes this.
  3. wildii

wildii Governor

Good idea. A rule of thumb for construction sizes. My mods have these sizes: Floors are also between 3 and 3,5 meters, my doors always count 2,75 meters and my standard-sized windows 1,75 (but they vary greatly). In depth I think it depends on what kind of building you mod.

axel likes this.
  4. axel

axel Governor

Please modders put somme sizes on this topic, becose i making a new pack at the moment and i want to make them enjoyable to play for everyone (y)

5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Personally, I find that the game of buildings oversizing.

All my mods are done in real scale.

Your buildings have the same proportions as my "Package village of Florence
    ".

I think you did a great job with your buildings, they have the right scale.
    Do not change anything,
    This will bring even more realism to the game.

Look at the picture,

[​IMG]

axel likes this.
  6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

there you go, total height is 26m (rooftop-pavement)
    usually i use full meters like 4,5 or 6 or sth... placed the boxes quickly and its a modified monty model
    measures1.jpg

axel likes this.
  7. axel

axel Governor

@ Drazicdesign thank you, i will not change them and keep them like it is
    @ MrX2 thank you its not much bigger then my buildings, buildings here in holland are between 3 a 3.50 m

here are a few pics, I dont think there a much difference between the buildings?? you wil see the old buildings like the paris pack and tjech buildings and russisch buildings are a little big bigger, but in my opinion this is normal becose the old buildings where higher than the buildings from now??? feedback please

Attached Files:

Big Meany Mean likes this.
  8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

id say thats fine, of course
    but my personal taste is: a little too small
    :D
    so its up to you ;)

axel likes this.
  9. axel

axel Governor

would 4 m be better?

10. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Vanilla models are just too big...

axel likes this.
  11. axel

axel Governor

So keep the models like it is or make them bigger?

12. kipate

kipate Governor

Keep them as they are. Didn't @Monty 's Human Citizens Mod change also the size of the people? Hence your houses' height would fit them better?

axel likes this.
  13. Monty

Monty Governor

I actually use the "door frame" as reference too. A regular door would be around 2.3-2.5 mts high (the actual door panel, not including the transom). Make sure it's 2.3-2.5 is not the total height of the door+transom but just the panel. I think the game models were scaled up or down to make them fit the standard bases without altering proportions.

Buildings from Paris pack are noticeably upscaled. The ones in the German pack have more realistic measurements. And as he said, Drazic's have realistic measurements too.

axel likes this.
  14. axel

axel Governor

Yes thank you Kipate and Monty, i use the door frames also i keep the door 2 meters and with little window above the door i use 2.40 meters, i also use Montys humans also and if i am correct the are between 1.80 and 2.00 meters and use the bone skeleton in 3Dmax and make the bone skeleton at 2.00 meters and then start making buildings ( in the pic you wil see the bone skeleton)

Attached Files: