1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Intro Round Contests

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Dreian, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

If you've read the rules of Introduction round, you remember that we proposed you 3 challenges to compete.

One of your members has to post in this thread a message till sunday 23h59 London GMT.

Don't forget to put a spoiler for each contest to let things clear for the Jury to navigate between contests.

1. Farming contest: One city per country

1 picture with the name of the city & player.

2. "Best shipment zone": Everyone can participate

1 picture per cities participating

3. Best "country colonization project": special contest

1 picture per city of the country. The pic has to be a general view of your settlement

Winners will be determined by a special jury of xln members.

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Important note:
    This jury consists of members that are well known for their fairness
    and that on top of that are neutral right now, as they are not part of
    CoXL project ... at the moment, some are really tempted to participate,
    it seems ...

I cannot wait to see your towns, guys, it is like
    some early Christmas Present...

3. President of Echa

Here is the contribution of the country of Echa (berocca, Ole, Puss in boots, royb 98):
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Very good, especially the little airport by @Puss in boots !
    And I love that camp @royb 98 !
    Oh yes, and Ole, I ... ... love that you tried real hard!

5. Marramar Presidency

Here is the contribution of the country Marramar to the contests of Intro round

kipate likes this.
  6. kipate

kipate Governor

Me gusta muy mucho!

7. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

After talking with Dreian in the chat, we are going to extend the deadline to Friday. I'm so sorry for the troubles, I'm just
    being really busy in real life.

8. Ole

Ole Executive

I love that tooo_O

9. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

The following is the country of Normany's reply to this Introduction round contest. Sorry for the delay :p

There might be updates in this if two others of our group will respond tomorrow.

kipate likes this.
  10. kipate

kipate Governor

Very good work, guys, I love it!

11. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

The high council has voted but before announcing the results i would like you to remember that:

Any bonus granted to a city/ country has to be listed in the Country Journal description in a Bonus section. As we put some limits of growth (for round 1 50 000 inhabitants in average) it's necessary to keep a good visibility of what's allowed in extra or not.

I recommend you to create a Bonus part divided in "country bonus" /"city bonus"

AND THE WINNERS ARE

FARMING

1. City of Epanjal - Echa (Royb 98) 4 votes - 2nd place Drecapulco - 1 vote

bf5c8m.jpg

The dutch style extensive farming seems to have convinced in a large majority the jury. Royb earns:

- Nicko2u Agro Ltd HeadQuarters - a T3 office from Nicko2u collection of mods to be built anytime he wants (less than 120m in height)
    - a huge modular complexe of greenhouses to be built in 3 rounds
    - Epanjal can till further notice produce food for the entire nation of Echa
    - As Echa is producing a lot of food and needs additional workforce to work in the greenhouse complexe, it gets a 10% bonus of population (based on 50 000 = 5 000)

Congratulations Royb... we can t wait for seeing your projects!

SHIPMENT

1. City of "San Pedro de Arboles" (Peter912) 3 votes - 2. Tied (Vildmark by Pamascus27 & Epanjal by Royb 98) - 1 vote each

82o3d4u.jpg

Aitortilla01 Logistics are now "headquartered" in San Pedro de Arboles

- You earn a T3 office (less than 120m in height) from Aitortilla01 collection of mods.
    - You can build large industrial & warehouse facilities than an average cities
    - You can develop industrial harbor & airport at the same time in a reasonable extent.
    - You have a tourism penalty. You can't built big touristic resorts for the time being...

Congratulations Peter, you made Marramar proud of you! ^^

COLONIZATION PROJECT

1. Republica de Marramar - 3 votes / 2. Normany - 2 votes

The Marramar Expansion Program gets very good reviews back on Earth and the demand for joining the EP is increasing

+20% of immigrants for the next round : +30 000 (based on 150 000 Round 1 limit)

All cities win a medium size touristic resort. BUT as Peter912 won the shipment contest, it axes the touristic resort project in his city.

The PGA Tour settles its headquarters within Marramar. The first AC 18 hole & two additional 9 holes can be created. The headquarters (less than 80m in height) can be also built in Azucena or Drecapulco