1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Is CitiesXL officially dead?

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by XOUSTE, Jun 14, 2017.

1. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

haven't got any news from FHI for...like ages.
    Maybe,yeah, it's dead...

S70615-021737.jpg

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Think they are more involved with the other games they release. They have quite a few.
    Looks like they have swept XL to the side until they decide to revamp it with hardly any changes to milk a few more dollars.
    If it was not for XLnation, the game would of become stale and uninteresting.

Andommak, selodinger, solo and 2 others like this.
  3. Monty

Monty Governor

I think it's officially pretty dead.

My hopes are on The Architect now. I try to keep them low, tho. :p

4. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Maybe they just don't have the ability to start a new version of CXL, like the truly next generation of citiesXL, all they can do is unlock a couple of old XL2009 unpublished projects...
    honestly the default CXL graphic looks way much better than Cities Skylines which depends on custom map theme and a bunch of graphic improving mods.

Anyway, i still love this game...im sick of subscribing thousands of assets in CSL then spent hours of time looking at the loading screen, No matter how, the game frames would dropped eventually.

AlPhAE likes this.
  5. Inan

Inan Governor

The game is dead. No news from FHI since 2015, the game isn't available anymore, exept for some remainders in a few Online shops. I wonder, because actually it is the best city building game still (only because of mods of course). But as long we have XLnation, we have a great game, with hundreds of mods and cities, although the community got a bit calm lately. I like CXL, it's the only computer game i play, and i will create the one or the other city, even nobody cares :)

Myname, Clemech4, selodinger and 2 others like this.
  6. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Love all of your creations! I care!(y)

backofthegarden and Inan like this.
  7. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you XOUSTE, i am also a fan of your cities! As long as we have skillful players like you and our mods, everything is okay :)

XOUSTE likes this.
  8. solo

solo Executive

game might be dead to the rest of the world, but not here, we don't need FHI we have xlnation. the city's and mods being built and uploaded lately have just been getting better and better, haven't put any of my own up yet, but always enjoy the inspiration from others!

9. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I'm starting to learn to create for CitiesXL, while I agree with XOUSTE, that the graphics are way better than Cities Skyline, you'll have to agree that the sheer volume of mods and assets could make some striking cityscapes..

XOUSTE and Inan like this.
  10. brendonwright1989

As long as people here keep doing what they do, we will have a great game. I'm still loving it 7 years after getting it - most realistic from everything else I have tried (Simcity, Skylines etc). Just need to get a wave of exciting mods again and keep the buzz going.

11. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

12. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Abandon Ship and XOUSTE like this.