1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Is There A Way That When A New Mod Is Introduce, That It Would Be Marked As New Mod?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by lguzman2011, Sep 6, 2014.

1. lguzman2011

lguzman2011 Unskilled Worker

Is there a way that when a new mod is introduce, that it would be marked as NEW MOD? Why? Because many of us have already downloaded most of the mods that are being posted in this new website and yet I am finding it hard to figure out which is brand new from the older mods that we got from XL Nation. :confused:

Möebius likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

3. evilcatdog

evilcatdog Unskilled Worker

4. lguzman2011

It is Possible! Cmon guys, it seem to me that all you have to do is perhaps, just add a Date that the new mod is introduce, next to the Name of the Mod (9/06/14)
    And all other the older mods, that have been made in the past from XL Nation, will not have a date on it. Or come up with another symbol, that all will recognize to
    mean that the new mod is simple brand new!

In fact, here is a good example of one:http://xlnation.net/resources/obelisk-city-life.355/

5. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Why don't you do it?

Seriously, some of us are working our butts off to ensure people have access to the 1000 or so mods that we have to transfer manually.

It's simple enough to recognize when something is new. Anyone with a brain and a memory can do it. So use it.

6. lguzman2011

Well snick, I see that you are not a kind person, or just misunderstood what I was trying to say. All I was suggesting was for those who do in fact make mods, that in the future to perhaps add a Date to it, so
    that we can know, that it is indeed a brand new mod! (REMEMBER ONLY NEW MODS WOULD HAVE A DATE ADDED) Most of the 1000 or so mods that are being transfer manually as you say, do not need a date added. I was just suggesting this to those members that do make mods for citiesxl

7. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Perhaps it's your tone that obscured your message. When you deride people and claim that everything is "so simple" that "all you have to do" is this and that and blah blah blah...

Don't expect anyone to react well to that sort of blither.

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually the "Obelisk (City LIfe) 2014-08-29" is incorrect as the date should not be there. That space is a revision box. The system puts a date in there if you forget to add a revision.

As for finding the new mods you will have to wait like everybody else until all the old mods have been added. If your in a hurry you should volunteer to help!

9. lguzman2011

Thanks for the information. I did not know that. And yes I would love to volunteer, but how do I go about doing this? Let me know. Thanks again

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

PM Icyhot

11. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Hey Snick, I think you lost it there, mate! Put away those “six guns”.

Iguzman's second language is English and, in my opinion, he does a damn good job of communicating.

Since the start of the old XLN. He contributed a lot in one form or another. He was a mod tester like me and always encouraged modders with his suggestions and positive comments. I also know you, Snick. You were an insensitive bully back then and apparently you are still one now. Why should anyone want to contribute anything to this site with people like you around?

I think you owe him an apology.

kipate likes this.
  12. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

a good idea
    I was thinking how if when all the old mod from old xln has been finish migrated, they can put mod sorted by date into the front page under the featured mod slideshow, replacing the same featured mod at the slideshow.
    this is just a suggestion, I don't even know if that possible