1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps Istanbul

Discussion in 'Maps' started by syakyin, Oct 31, 2014.

1. syakyin

syakyin Vagabond

Hi all!

Just want to make a map request.
    I think im in love with istanbul-like maps. Istanbul as seen from google map. Like this :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw4q8092j2gia9u/istanbul.png?dl=0

I like that theres two side facing sea with a strait(?) connecting them. I can only think of Istanbul right now, thus the particular suggestion.
    About 70% flat would be nice for a big port city.

Well,I dont want to be too demanding, just dont have the expertise to make great maps like many of you (Thank you very much! btw)
    Anyway, I would be happy to have map that sort of resemble this map if not almost exactly like it. :)
    I have looked at maps already available but Im still imagining something like in the above link.

Thank you for reading/considering.

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Making Istanbul to scale would mean loosing the top sea facing part of the map. I think the best option is to make a fantasy map based on the layout of Istanbul.

syakyin likes this.
  3. syakyin

syakyin Vagabond

That is a good idea too!