1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Lagging Help

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eslam ragab, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Eslam ragab

Eslam ragab Skilled Worker

Hello Guys,

My game is XXL, downloaded from steam. my computer is fine (I7-16GBRAM-4GBRTX-144FPS) yet the game is lagging to much. the population is only 200k. although the screen is keeping blinking and almost became unplayable.
    Any help ?? am I missing some software. are some mods installed in a wrong way ??
    Can any one help ??

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I get bad lagging when first loading a large city I'm working on but as I zoom in and out over the different areas the lag slowly drops. This is the city areas loading in fully with detail. You can notice this more when you look at an area you have placed a lot of trees. When you first load the city that area will not display them all until you zoom in closer. Once you zoom in then back out, those trees will show up.
    As your city gets bigger it will make your PC work harder which is a fault of the game. Even thhough the XXL version was redone to use multiple cores, the game still runs like prevoius versions when cities get big.
    Dropping graphic settings may help and there maybe other things that other players do that I can't remember about at the moment. I'm on a AMD FX-8300 cpu, 16GB Ram, RX580 4GB and run the high settings. I get a little slow down here and there but I just put up with it.