1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials Let's Start 3d-moddeling - Part Ii - Texturing 1.0

A very basic tutorial - Part II - Texturing and cutting polygons

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr.X² submitted a new resource:

Let's start 3D-Moddeling - Part II - Texturing - A very basic tutorial - Part II - Texturing and cutting polygons

Read more about this resource...

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Very informative for beginners, good job!
    Anyway, you could include Unfold mapping together with Flatten, it helps when there are huge number of same size and shape polygons so Unfold just puts them all into one. No need to waste time doing it yourself each one.

3. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

when doing 2nd channel most likely my max will crash if I do
    select face > open UV editor
    it should be
    open UV editor > select face

:LOL:
    wondering if it's normal. sorry if off topic

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

uhm, sorry, no idea why... maybe try to contact autodesk or ask in their forums :confused:
    hm? how do you mean?

thanks for your feedback, ill give this a consideration

5. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

sorry I was using phone back there :D
    I see in this tutorial and other tutorial says always select “face” before opening the uv-editor
    bu if I select all poly like when making lightmap and do that...my max will freeze and then it crash. but not if I do the vice versa, opening the uv-editor then select "face".
    I hope You get it Mr.X

well that's not a problem, I just wondering if it's known bug or something..

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

im not sure if i do :D

hm no i dont have this bug and never heard of it before... as mentioned before, contact autodesk about this issue, i have no clue why this happens, sorry :(
    did not know it also works the other way round, but it seems like, just tried it.. should be fine as well then :)

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Select the faces you only wish to edit. Then map them. If your model keeps crashing it might be caused by a shit google model or other your trying to edit?

8. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

My Max crashed the first time I did flatten mapping, then everything was allright until now

9. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

even if it just box or teapot it would crash...:confused:
    it seems one of my plugins was the cause, I remove all of it and it not crash anymore.damn can't remember when or why I install those :D

10. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ha yeah plugins can suck :)