1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials Let's Start 3d-moddeling - Part Iii - Lod1 & 2 + Adding 3d-details 1.0

A very basic modding tutorial for beginners - Part III - Adding 3D-Details and creating LOD2 and 1

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr.X² submitted a new resource:

Let's start 3D-Moddeling - Part III - LOD1 & 2 + Adding 3D-Details - A very basic modding tutorial for beginners - Part III - Adding 3D-Details and creating LOD2 and 1

Read more about this resource...

2. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

Great tutorials, I'm trying to make a building, step by step, and It's ok, but when I export it to cxl viewer the whole building is pink, I can't see the textures that I added
    How can I solve that?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Great you are trying (y)
    In viewer or cxl game?
    When in viewer itself i guess you used a wrong map slot.. but could be sth else as well.. Check your slots and Material settings
    When in game, export it again and it should be fine, thats a well known and annoying exporter bug

4. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

In viewer, I have not export it to the game yet :)
    What's exactly a map slot?
    "Modding" is a little bit confusing for me, I'm "modding" a simple building because its my first time with this :)

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

You can find information about that in Part iv. but note there is a mistake: specular map goes into specular level slot, not colour.. i will correct this the next days

Edit: did you add a normal and illumination map? Without them cxl viewer cannot display your model properly (as far as i know)

6. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

I follow this tutorial and part 1 and 2 exactly the same steps hahaha
    Im a little confused with lod3 and lod 2 D:

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Whats confusing you?
    Maybe i can make it a little bit clearer then :)