1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

Tutorials Let's Start 3d-moddeling - Part Iii - Lod1 & 2 + Adding 3d-details 1.0

A very basic modding tutorial for beginners - Part III - Adding 3D-Details and creating LOD2 and 1

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

Mr.X² submitted a new resource:

Let's start 3D-Moddeling - Part III - LOD1 & 2 + Adding 3D-Details - A very basic modding tutorial for beginners - Part III - Adding 3D-Details and creating LOD2 and 1

Read more about this resource...

2. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

Great tutorials, I'm trying to make a building, step by step, and It's ok, but when I export it to cxl viewer the whole building is pink, I can't see the textures that I added
    How can I solve that?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

Great you are trying (y)
    In viewer or cxl game?
    When in viewer itself i guess you used a wrong map slot.. but could be sth else as well.. Check your slots and Material settings
    When in game, export it again and it should be fine, thats a well known and annoying exporter bug

4. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

In viewer, I have not export it to the game yet :)
    What's exactly a map slot?
    "Modding" is a little bit confusing for me, I'm "modding" a simple building because its my first time with this :)

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

You can find information about that in Part iv. but note there is a mistake: specular map goes into specular level slot, not colour.. i will correct this the next days

Edit: did you add a normal and illumination map? Without them cxl viewer cannot display your model properly (as far as i know)

6. streetsofny

streetsofny Elite

I follow this tutorial and part 1 and 2 exactly the same steps hahaha
    Im a little confused with lod3 and lod 2 D:

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator

Whats confusing you?
    Maybe i can make it a little bit clearer then :)