1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Linux Mint Cities XXL

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by xSchmitterSx, Feb 29, 2020.

1. xSchmitterSx

xSchmitterSx Unskilled Worker

... few weeks ago i switched to Linux Mint, i had it with Microsoft/Windows.

I wanted to re-install Cities XXL, only one issue it need something extra to work with Linux Mint.
    The help desk at Steam wasn't really helping ... i have installed Wine (what normally should work).

Wondering, any other Linux (Mint) users, if so, how did you make you game work again.

Let's hope Cities XXL will be re-relaeased with a Linux version.
    Or a Star Wars version of it, that would be awesome.

2. xSchmitterSx

xSchmitterSx Unskilled Worker

Don't let you fool by Steam ... they promised me, it would work on Linux Mint Cinnamon, installed Wine ... it still doesn't work.
    Have to wait, and hope in the future to find something to make it work with Linux.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Best way around this is to use a dual boot setup, so you can have a windows install just for the games that do not work with Linux