1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Unless some one steps forward to take over the domain name and provide hosting XLNation will shutdown. If you are seriously interested in taking on this project and can technically and financially support the project please contact me.

Livestock Farm Wooded Forest 1.0

Create areas of forest in your livestock farms

1. skullz613

skullz613 Governor

2. Kurtis Edwards

Hey,

I am currently using these in XXL, and they work great. However, they do the whole camera shifting/trees disappearing thing. It's not just overviewing, it specific directions the camera faces. Monty told be to try your 'game performance' thread fix. I did, and it seems to draw everything quickly, but the trees will still disappear in one specific camera direction. Is there any help you can offer? I know the fixes I tried were not exactly for XXL.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Governor

I have never had the trees disappear on me in XL or XXL. The shadows do but that's due to the camera mod which was fixed but still plays up.
    Have you got a camera mod installed? Could be that causing the issue?
    Just had a thought, I remember building my city for the competition and It go to the point huge amounts of trees would vanish at a certain camera distance. Think that problem was memory (RAM) though and maybe not what your experiencing.
    I just remembered that these were based on Nickos wooded forest areas (I just changed the grass details) so theoretically his mod should cause the same problem for you. If not then its a mystery to me at the moment.

4. Kurtis Edwards

Yeah, @Monty told me that at high zoom a completed city w/plaza's will not render entirely by the game, but if it's specific directions and different zooms, it's a bug in the MOD. Both Nick and yours are doing the same thing for me. I'm gonna load up the game and take a snapshot. Pic to come shortly.

5. Monty

Monty Governor

The disappearing trees is a bug in the game, not the in the mod.

Ole likes this.
  6. Kurtis Edwards

Oh.. thanks, Monty. I misunderstood ya then

7. Kurtis Edwards

I'm trying that camera fix tonight. It might be the thing.