1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Lod Error?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by leox, Dec 1, 2014.

1. leox

leox Unskilled Worker

Hey there ;), did someone of you ever experience this error?

np2ikigf.jpg
    Zoomed in: Building texture very low quality

8m4x47c6.jpg
    Zoomed out: Building texture high quality

Did anyone notice an error like this? All settings are on high quality, I've changed the Pool Size in the configuration to 4096 MB, my PC is definitely able to handle this game and still this annoying error is making me go crazy
    :whatever:

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well your pics are really low res (or is it just my pc?) so i cant see exactly how it looks
    but this lod problem is well known and usually sloved when you clear your shadercache

3. leox

leox Unskilled Worker

sorry, I inserted the wrong links. Everytime before I start the game I clear the shadercache... Kind of strange, but thanks for answering so quickly :)

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Is that model a mod by someone that you downloaded and installed?
    To me it looks like they might of stuffed the naming the of LODS when exporting the model. I.E. LOD4 model seems to be getting rendered when zooming in, which should render either L3, or L2 or L1 model.
    In your example when zooming in it looks like it is rendering a low poly L4 model.
    -also I don't have platinum so maybe its one of the new building that is broken.

5. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

If it is as nicko says, you can fix it using SGBIN repak by renaming lods

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a default in-game building in the picture.

This happens for me every once in a while. It should sort itself out after a minute or two at that zoom level.

7. leox

leox Unskilled Worker

thank you very much for all your comments :) seems like I just have to deal with it

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I had it happen to me a lot of times. It got really annoying. That's why I started clearing the shader cache before playing. I have not had it happen again.