1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a tutorial

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by selodinger, Nov 3, 2018.

1. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Greetings, XL Nation.

One of my projects is to create a fishing pack, including some warehouses and fishing boats. However I'm kind of stuck about creating properly fishing boats. Well, I am trying to create them by myself, but I'm still messing up the hulls every attempt. Do you have any tutorials for it. If not, what kind of methods or tricks can make proper boat hulls?

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Thanks for any replies. Good days :)

BahadirB likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe you could ask @Drazicdesign or @PaulJChris for the 3DS files of their boat/ship mods? And then take these models as a base? :)

3. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Hmm, I haven't considered that. At least it can be tried.
    On the one part, I'd like to make my own boat models. Still trying to make a proper model by using planes with blueprints,. I'm a tiny bit satisfied, but I will try to do my best mate.

What do you think?
    fisboat.png

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Looks good so far (y) the side hulls look a bit thick, though. But I don't know the planned size of the model...if it is a small boat, then it's fine :)

selodinger likes this.
  5. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Maybe you should have a look to these sketchup models.

Fishing boats | 3D Warehouse

3Ds max export is avalaible in sketchup.
    Sketchup models have some lacks but it could be a good start.

BahadirB, selodinger and kipate like this.
  6. selodinger

selodinger Governor

@kipate, yeah this is small boat :)
    It has 12 meters length, 3 meters width and a height of 2 metres. Also I'm thinking to cover with wooden textures, maybe rusty metal textures.

@Lokentaz, that's helpful. Thank you very much mate :)

kipate likes this.