1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials Making Buildings For Citiesxl Using Sketchup v1.00

Step by Step Instructions for Creating Models for CitiesXL

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

Making Buildings for CitiesXL using Sketchup - Step by Step Instructions for Creating Models for CitiesXL

Read more about this resource...

2. Tortuga

Tortuga Unskilled Worker

Thank you very much!
    But this tutorial mentions a resource a that I can't find:

EasyMod XL
    This new application developed by Hyperwolf allows you to create .patch files
    very easily with plenty of templates.
    http://xlnation.net/content/easymod-xl-beta

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I will search for it

Tortuga likes this.
  4. Tortuga

Tortuga Unskilled Worker

Thanks!

5. Michael

Michael Vagabond

Hi, I wanted to start off by saying THANK YOU for the tutorial on "BUILDING MODELLING TUTORIAL HOW TO BRING 3D WAREHOUSE MODELS INTO CITIES XL."

I want to be respectful of your time, so I'll jump into my question. I'm confused when creating L4, L3, L2 from L1 (Pages 41-44 in the tutorial).

My understanding is that you're making a copy of the building from L1 (shift + drag) so you can delete polygons. In my viewport, I then have a total of 4 buildings with appropriate textures. When I export it to viewer, it's showing me 4 buildings. Is it suppose to do that? Or is there suppose to be just on building? Can you please clarify? Thank you in advance

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, copy the building by shift+mousedrag. Consider Naming tag convention for each Lod/object/building.. for example b_ind_examplehouse_l1 b_ind_examplehouse_l2 b_ind_examplehouse_l3 b_ind_examplehouse_l4 . Then in viewer only one model with four lods appears.