1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Me

Discussion in 'Presentations' started by Costanza, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Hi guys! You all don't know me, but I've been around the forums and the XLEX for a long time with my old account, but this is the first time I've posted or replied to anything here. I have not been good at contributing to the community, but I hope to at least be a more active part of it from now on.

I have played city builders for about 12 years and tjey are by far my favourite video game pastime, with Cities (X)XL replacing SC4 as my favourite game about 3 years ago when I discovered the Simtropolis of Cities XL, XL Nation.

I build a lot of different themed cities, but always try to make them realistic. Just about all my cities are unfinished due to issues with lag, issues with motivation or due to lack of time. I work a lot and I am generally very busy so I do not have a lot of time at my hands. This often results in unfinished cities because of unrealistic expectations. I do however think that XXL will help me realize some of my abandoned projects so that I can create a CJ or two :)

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Welcome to XLN! I recognise your problem, although I never had any problems with lag. That's because I'm such a perfectionist that I delete my cities before they cause the game to lag :p

3. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Thank you! Haha, seems like I have a lot to learn from you, I usually can't find my cities if I haven't played them in a while because of all the junk I have...

4. ev23

ev23 Vagabond

So, where is your cities?)

5. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

welcome

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Welcome to XLN! Great to know that you'll be more active from now on! It looks like your way of
    managing cities is similar to mine, such as losing motivation and unfinished cities because of
    unrealistic expectations. :p
    Anyways, good luck and I hope to see something from you soon! :)