1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

MedievalPack1 v1.2

Medieval Pack 1 v1

1. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Clemech4 a soumis une nouvelle ressource:

MedievalPack1 - Medieval Pack 1 v1

Lire la suite au sujet de cette ressource...

2. Stealthman31

Stealthman31 Skilled Worker

:cry:...... sniffle sniffle I was looking forward using this mod, but can't because I have platinum version :cry::cry::cry: is there any way you can make this user friendly for any other versions?:love:

3. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Yeah i know it's annoying but i couldn't find 3dsmax 2012 anywhere... I don't know if it can be converted (i'm actually not sure why only 2012 can be used for previous version of cities xl), the only advice i can give to you is to buy (or find :angel:) cities xxl somewhere...

4. SettlersGrandPa

SettlersGrandPa Unskilled Worker

Thank you Clemech4 for your great buildings pack.

I did just stumpled about this issue, when in Lod1 this trace appears:
    Code:
    GAMEGRAPHICS    ggLodDynamic.cpp ( 387)  Assert
    Trying to downsample Lodp texture
    mdvp_church1_bp_l1_nmap
    Can you please fix this?

Btw. why is the 3d date file is named "mdvp_church1_bp_l1_nmap_nmap" and not "mdvp_church1_bp_l1_nmap"? I know - curiosity kills the cat :D

Is it possible to have the buildings working, I mean providing jobs and residentials - I would really appreciate this!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  5. SettlersGrandPa

Hi Clemech4!
    I just stumpled on this trace entry, after placing one of your buildings:
    Code:
    LUA  csScriptManager.cpp  ( 523)  Error  Size TAG (T1,T2,T3) missing in building <data/design/buildings/mdvp_small_medieval_house3_1_cb.class>

It really floods the log file... Hope you can fix this too!

Update to my last post: I did just plyed around only with some of your biuldings, but for those supplying residentials, it doesn't work: no one moves in!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  6. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

hmmm i didn't noticed that spam of log file, i'll try to fix it...
    Yeah, there are some residential buildings but i had to put "must connect to road" to 0 to avoid a red cube appearing, maybe they didn't work because of that, i don't know... To be honest, if they doesn't work it's not a problem to me, i build the cities to be beautiful, not to be functional^^ but i'll see if i can fix it, i know lots of players prefer to have functional buildings. :)

For mdvp_church1_bp_l1_nmap_nmap, i have no idea, i thought i made a mistake in the name, but it's not the case after checking the file... Weird.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  7. SettlersGrandPa

Hi Clemech4!

No problem. Things with CX(X)L are always getting wired! Currently I'm pretty happy that my game no longer crashes when loading a city! It does take hours to trace it down. And did found other log file entries, where I do wonder why the game doesn't gets panic - aka produces a crash-to-desktop.

Have a nice day!

8. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Thank you for your feedback. Anyway cities xxl is glitched as heck, i often get the black screen glitch or a crash (even with deleting shadercache), i just spam saves to avoid rebuilding everything xD But medieval pack seems not to make the game more unstable...
    I had a try to fix the log problem, i need to test it again, idk if i can fix it tbh because class file is really a mess to make it works properly ^^

Drazicdesign likes this.
  9. SettlersGrandPa

Soory to hear that. I've never seen a black screen before. And I did never emptied the shader cache in CXXL as I did have to with the CXL 2012 version.

Maybe this is DirectX driver or GPU drivers compatibility problem, check if they need an update.
    Maybe it's a configuration problem, check if the VSync and the fresh rate settings in the config panel.
    Maybe its working better in Window mode, but this is a heck if you're only having a resoltion with 1080p.

Good luck!

10. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Ty, oh you know, it's not a very important issue, just a bit annoying, i know i'm not the only one to have this, mb it's also due to some mods, i don't know, that's cities xl :p

11. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

SettlersGrandPa likes this.
  12. SettlersGrandPa

Thank you Clemech4 for updating your mod!

But there are still glitches left over - thats modding for CX(X)L :)

Namely these ones:

Code:
    Size TAG (T1,T2,T3) missing in building <data/design/buildings/mdvp_stable1_1_cb.class>

Multi-material mesh detected : E:\Documents\3dsMax\export\mdvp_woodenshelter4_l4 (currently not supported by engine)

I hope you have time to get rid of 'em. I hope I did not missed any building/ploppable to check out.

I really do wanna have some tool to automatically verify the correctness of pak archives content. Doing this manually is really such a PITA :-(

But anyway have a nice day! And thanks alot for your efforts!

13. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Woops i forgot the stable, i'll fix it, but the "multi-material mesh", i don't know how to fix it :/ i've already seen this for some other mods but it doesn't seem to affect the game.

SettlersGrandPa likes this.
  14. SettlersGrandPa

Yeap, me too! I wished that I have started earlier with logging my changes to the CX(X)L installations I'm having... But anyway nice to get rid off the other glitch! Thanks for your support!

Ahhh... And I forget to vote again:

+5 in general for your support
    +5 for avoid us to bulldoze previously placed buildings of you pack, I really wish others would do the same
    +5 for mentioning this
    +5 'cos the buidlings providing workers don't need to be connected to a road - awesome!

Thank you!

Clemech4 likes this.
  15. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Clemech4 a mis à jour la ressourceMedievalPack1 avec une nouvelle entrée:

Medievalpack1 v1.2

Lire le reste de cette entrée...