1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Report Errors In The Logs

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by skullz613, Oct 20, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was looking through the log of my recent city and came across the following,

can't open file data\design\report\manufactoryindustryeconomicpb_5.report
    can't open file data\design\report\manufactoryindustryemployeepb_5.report
    can't open file data\design\report\heavyindustryemployeepb_5.report
    can't open file data\design\report\heavyindustryeconomicpb_5.report

These reports are missing from the games report folder. I guess they were forgotten about in the haste that CitiesXL was originally published. Focus Home Interactive obviously does not care about these little things and has never fixed it.

I looked into the unpacked citiesXL folder on my desktop and found where all the reports are. By looking through the localization file report.en I found the entries being called upon that are needed in the report files. After examining them to find out how they worked, I proceeded to create four new reports.

manufactoryindustryeconomicpb_5.report
    manufactoryindustryemployeepb_5.report
    heavyindustryemployeepb_5.report
    heavyindustryeconomicpb_5.report

This is the report heavyindustryeconomicpb_5.report

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<report>
        <theme>population</theme>
        <priority>10</priority>
        <persistance>1</persistance>
    </report>
    <form>
        <title>&HEAVYINDUSTRYECONOMICPB_5_TTL</title>
        <text>&HEAVYINDUSTRYECONOMICPB_5_TXT</text>
        <theme>Financial</theme>
        <image>Bad</image>
        <icone>People</icone>
        <mode>City</mode>                     
    </form>
    I then put them into a folder called report under data\design\ in the Cities XL 2012 folder.
    I loaded my city and after a few minutes the reports showed on the screen and the errors have disappeared from the logs.

As they work I presume the layout of the reports is OK.
    I have seen some other report missing errors in some of the other logs so I will slowly make them all.

I have attached the reports. Feel free to try them out.

Attached Files:

snick likes this.
  2. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Anything that cuts down on the length and confusion that logs can be is a good thing. Nice find; I'll try it out.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool. I found a few more and will see if I can make them.

officeeconomicpb_5.report
    officeemployeepb_5.report
    officeresourcespb_5.report

retailgoodseconomicpb_5.report
    retailgoodsemployeepb_5.report
    retailgoodsresourcespb_5.report

A couple of these appeared in the log but the other have not yet. I found the others by going through the report.en localization file. I guess at some point the would show in the log. It would be good if people can check their log files of city's that are really big and see if there's any other missing reports.
    I think another one is agriculture because they are also missing from the report folder.