1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Modifying existing buildings

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Chris Dunaway, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Chris Dunaway

Chris Dunaway Vagabond

When unpacking an sgbin file, four of the files are the LOD models. Is there any way to edit this geometry? Can they be converted to another format, such as FBX? What format are they currently in? I realize that if modifying the geometry, then the textures may also need some modification. Is it possible?

2. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

I think You can't do it that way...except for re texturing
    You can use ninja ripper to rip the model from game, I have no clue how it works too if You ask...
    XLN modding gods can help You further :)

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, like nogerivan said you can use ninja-ripper. just start it with admin-rights and choose dx9 wrapper and the artist tool suite and load the sgbin file, then rip it. but this process is a real pain cause you gotta choose the correct settings, otherwise you will end up with a messed up geometry :p just experiment with it or search for detailed explanations on the web

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

lazy fraggers just try to build your own!