1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

Game Play Mods: User Interface Mod

Discussion in 'Game Play Support and Other' started by JurgenTheMVP, Dec 12, 2014.

1. JurgenTheMVP

JurgenTheMVP Vagabond

Ok gyes, my problem is with the User Interface Mod on CitiesXL Platinum.
    i have experience and i used to play the game on Windows 7, now i have installed Windows 8.1 and when im trying to install the UIM is saying Corrupt Installation Detected.

-Thank you for your time!

2. D.J.McBride

D.J.McBride Unskilled Worker

I'm fighting with mine as we speak. If I come up with a solution I will let you know. I have removed and re loaded it but I cannot get it to install again.

3. D.J.McBride

So after reloading it I right clicked on the download and went to open in folder. From there I right clicked and went to open with windows explorer. I clicked on the UIM labeled application and followed the install instructions. It is working so far. Hope my instructions help at least some.

4. JurgenTheMVP

JurgenTheMVP Vagabond

My friend at first thank you for answering. Can you make it more clear to me your type of solution...
    Thank you mate!

5. D.J.McBride

I don't know why yours would say its corrupted but I would remove it first then reinstall it. I used Windows Explorer to unpack and install the file. It will install itself to the correct location. After I downloaded it from XLN it was in my download folder. I right-clicked the file and clicked "open with windows explorer". When that opens, one of the UIM files will have "application" to the right of it. I clicked that and followed the install instructions. Afterwards I have been able to use the game and my mods with no problem.

6. JurgenTheMVP

JurgenTheMVP Vagabond

My friend i found a solution...i unistall it and delete from my pc and i dowload it again it.
    That works for me...
    thank you for your time...

7. D.J.McBride

No problem MVP. Anytime!

JurgenTheMVP likes this.