1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods You Wish To See In CXL Asap

Discussion in 'Cities XXL Resource Discussions' started by ode1299, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

Let's post here which mods (currently ready for Platinum and older versions) we wish to see in the new game.
    I know everybody is trying to enhance the new game and modders already have done enough to keep this game alive, in time many maybe all of the mods will be playable with the new version but I desperately would like to have "The Latin American Expansion Pack" from airtortilla01 and Monty
    If it isn't asking too much, a mirrored version of the 135 degree building in this mod would be great.

and NEXL.. I am so used to have trams in my cities, without them I feel incomplete...

2. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

Well, all of them. I want to see every mod converted to CXXL.

3. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Le Cat pretty much sums it up, but I guess the RHM is number one on my wish list!

4. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

RHM2, SkiPack, Modular Airport and Promenade Pack!!!

5. Veknor

Veknor Unskilled Worker

We all really need ---RWHM---, and for me-- airport , harbor pack and Overwater road-- come next
    But i completly understand how busy the moders must be rigth now :p dont rush it and make them BEautiFul ladies :p

6. TomXL

TomXL Vagabond

Hi! Many people experience trading bug - trade reset after loading a city. It breaks gameplay to re-adjust everytime the resources between the cities (including Omnicorp).Is there any chance to expect any mod which will fix the issue?
    Regards

7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

"Traffic is Bad!"

I know you mod creators are busy, and I thank you, but if anyone happens to run across the line of code that creates this prompt, please remove. =)

While I think the traffic (volume) simulation is realistic enough in XL & XXL, I think that the games response to heavy traffic volume is way too low.
    Let's "raise the bar" just a little.
    A lot of times I find myself using unrealistic road types, say an expressway where a typical avenue or road would be more realistic, just to satisfy the game's level of tolerance.

Let's face it, even in the best planned cities in the real world, 'stop~n~ go' traffic and 'gridlock' is a part of everyday life.

8. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

This does not increase the traffic capasity of your roads, but you can always use the modifier mod that changes the way your citizens travel to work. As far as I can remember there were three settings, each altering travel choices differently (like making walking and public transport more attractive). I use this so that my cities have more of a 'European' travel logic. I'm not saying only Europeans ride the train to work, but as opposed to the Northern American approach there's a big difference. I can't remember the name of the mod, it may have been French. I am slso not sure whether or not it's CXXL compatible.

Good luck!

9. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I think you are refering to this mod:

http://xlnation.city/resources/traffic-settings-mass-transit-edition-express-traffic-ordinance.574/

I haven't tried it, but I think it's a sure bet that won't work with XXL....yet
    I love the new "unlimited" metro the way it is now and would not change a thing.

I do, however, use these mods faithfully. They were some of the first mods that I tested in XXL and worked very well from the start. Esp the "realistic" version of the metro-usage-increase mod.

http://xlnation.city/resources/expressway-capacity-increase.174/

http://xlnation.city/resources/metro-usage-increase-realistic-version.69/

Don't get me wrong, "traffic is bad" is more of annoyance than it is a real problem. Buy, hey, seeing that it's all I have to complain about is a good thing.....right?

BTW...thanks to the mod guys (& gals), this mod works great too, and gives you even more cool stations to choose from:

http://xlnation.city/threads/alternative-metro-stations.94/

manuk and Costanza like this.
  10. pingyao

pingyao Skilled Worker

I have very specific requests. As I like to show a lot of small details, which helps with the realism I am keen for the following to be converted:

Mall Parking 1.1
    On Road Parking Mod v1.30
    Wall Collection 1 (ploppables)
    Furniture Mega Pack 1.1

As I use these literally all the time. I don't see much point starting a city in XXL until they are working, and I believe the UIM needs to be modified for these to show anyway.

11. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

I use the ORP mod in XXL, have not encountered any problems thus far... :)

12. andreharv

andreharv Vagabond

The road addon mod (RAM) would be nice...Got so used to dark textures...

Cntryboyunc1 likes this.
  13. Veknor

Veknor Unskilled Worker

I now need over water road :) and mall parking

14. pingyao

pingyao Skilled Worker

Likewise...I miss my lovely parking lots....

15. manuk

manuk Vagabond