1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Montegnacco, villagio pastorale del Frioul V01.01

Typical pastoral village of Nord Italy.

1. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Birk LeGlaire submitted a new resource:

Montegnacco, villagio pastorale del Frioul - Typical pastoral village of Nord Italy.

Read more about this resource...

shushu... likes this.
  2. wildii

wildii Governor

Where do I find the mod in CXL?

3. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

So sorry. But I use a 3ds max version to do the mod which is not compatible with older version of CXXL. The 3ds max version compatible is no longer available. So sorry.

4. wildii

wildii Governor

Or CXXL... I couldn`t find it in the game-menue. But after a lot of searching I found it myself: It`s located in Industry - Agriculture.
    Maybe you should note it somewhere :)

Edit: Awww, the mod is tagged as farm. Didn`t see it. It is so tiny ;)

5. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

I agree. And I will correct it !

6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

@Birk LeGlaire The work that you did on the animation with this mod is impresive!
    :dmc1:

7. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

kipate likes this.
  8. Muwatalli

Muwatalli Unskilled Worker

Could you make a Cities XL version?

9. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

So sorry. But I use a tool to produce this mod which does not allow to generate a XL version !

10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Birk LeGlaire,
    Okay my friend, I did a nice montage of your farms in my latest video. I show off this beautiful pastoral village of Montegnacco. I had perfect timing as I caught the cows in the video by the fire. I also was able to show a car drive through the part that always sticks out into the road and reappear as if by magic on the other side, like it went through the Bermuda Triangle on an episode of the Twilight Zone. :LOL: I do make a suggestion about making the village piece fit better in the field instead of jutting out across the road.

I also show your Swiss Gruyere farm as well as the Windmill ones before showing off the gorgeous Water Mill one yet again while finishing up on your Mountain farm. My one suggestion would be to please make better building descriptions in the Characteristics pop-up screen so we know which one we're working with. Tillage farm tells us nothing and some cryptic abbreviations aren't helpful either. Make your building description match the very useful ones you use to post on the website.

Enjoy your video review!

Birk LeGlaire likes this.
  11. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

I'm very touched by your remarks, especially because you noticed my home mark. Yes I try to improve the mods by adding some effects like animations or particles. I spend a lot of time for that because there is so much bugs with particles files. Do you know that the mod of the Italian village contains 5 animations?

Any yes try to find materials to give to the mods the best texture. I spend time to take topographies of buildings having different materials.

But I must say that I spend may be too much time. Recently I wanted to start again building a new big city. And which was not my surprise to notice that most of the mods that I have downloaded were not compatible with the basic gameplay. There is pedestrian way allowing fret and farmer way with no traffic limitation. With these two mods I can build a city without any traffic saturation. Even the XXL Community Mod introduces features which are not compatible with the basic gameplay. I want to play XXL cities and not XLN cities.

Today I made XLN mods since more than a year. I think I produced a proximately 20 buildings. And someone were not easy to do (animations, particle). In return I’m not sure I was able to use 10 downloaded XLN mods without having to modify them. OK I learned a lot of things from the XLN community. That was the deal. But what the deal now? Someone asked me to do a tutorial to use particles. Why not even if it is time to write a good tutorial? But what the return for me if I cannot use the mods he will do thanks my tutorial?

Yes I’m at this point: I don’t know if I will continue to do mods.

OmniusPrime and kipate like this.
  12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Birk LeGlaire,
    The reason I don't do modding is why should play be so much work? I understand your quandary of liking to do mods but wanting to play the basic game without them. The problem with being a purist playing a moddable game is that those games are never finished properly, too many problems with features not working as advertised or just poorly. When faced with playing a moddable game I choose to play with mods so that my playing experience is more fun. Skylines and XXL are prime examples. I had the bad luck of getting the one SimCity game that didn't allow for mods plus I got the Mac version so support for that perversion of SimCity was not an enjoyable experience. I was very frustrated I could get the Space Shuttle to work on the map I chose and there was no way to delete it once it proved it would never finish up properly.

I did see at least 3 of the animations, the two cow ones plus the fire, in your beautiful Montegnacco village farm. What are the other two? Now I'll have to look harder at it to see if I spot them.

You have produced some beautiful mods over the past year. I liked how you fixed the ferris wheel so it spins plus the farm windmill one so the windmill blades spin. The particle effects are awesome. It would be nice if you did a short tutorial on how to make the particles animations work properly as well as how to make things spin. It is sad that you would pass on mods for XXL made from your sage advice.

There are plenty of games that I play without mods, mainly war games like Matrix Games' Wars of Napoleon or Pacific War Admiral's Edition. Usually there are things in the mods that just aren't worth using. However for moddable games I find mods invaluable as they improve the gaming experience. Being able to expand my farm type selections with your beautiful farm mods or the very useful farm mods that give us improved silos and fertilizer plants that only require 5 farms to place instead of ten makes the gameplay more enjoyable. For city building games being able to use more cool buildings makes our cities look or function better. Or they can help us overcome problems with the basic game that the developers failed to do correctly, like fire satisfaction in XXL. As a city grows into the millions fire satisfaction becomes a major frustration because the developers failed to provide us with any fire satisfaction booster buildings. You have noticed how I've taken to asking modders to make some since they are needed.

My test of the old XL Civic Services mod showed me that the 4 levels of upgrade for service buildings don't actually help improve services, they just cost more. Now I just build them without upgrading levels. I keep hoping I'll see some before making my last city. I'm glad that I did use so many mods, they make my cities look cooler as well as function better. They also help me overcome problems the basic game didn't bother to. Trust me you really want to play Cities XXLN. You really should try playing the game to have some fun.

Here's my latest Flachlandstadt video. I show off the new Munich Pack Allianz Arena mod. I've grown it to over 5.5 million and near the end I show satisfaction levels. I show how the fire satisfaction is truly ugly while the other ones I'm doing well with. With mods I know I can fix the fire satisfaction problem. You've got me interested in knowing which mods help with traffic congestion, in my extensive search through the XLN site I've not seen any. Had I not gotten into mods I'd have played a little and gotten frustrated by shortcomings of the basic game and would have moved on to another long ago.

Birk LeGlaire likes this.
  13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Birk LeGlaire,
    I sure wish you could use your magic flame particles to augment one of the standard trump tower buildings in XXL. I'd love to have a Flaming trump Tower building to place in my new Monterey city. I have a feeling others will like this as well.

I hope that when you hit ten million in your new XXL city that you share with us more info and pictures of it. I'd love to see traffic congestion as well as statistics about city performance. What are your satisfaction level percentages overall as well as income and expense summaries. How many fire stations did you place and where? Your test city looks interesting. Did you make farms or create a farm feeder city? I'd love to see your trade screen too. I think it would be a good subject for making a video. But a final report of the city would be interesting and instructive.

14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite