1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

P27's Projects Thread [poll: What Should I Mod Next?]

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Pamascus27, Sep 21, 2014.

?

What should I mod next?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2014.
  1. Kurhaus of Scheveningen

5.0%
  2. A simple European residential pack consisting of corner and normal building, wall to wall.

25.0%
  3. Mid-rise Pack

25.0%
  4. A skyscraper

10.0%
  5. Just do what you want, as long as it will be an important addition to the game. :)

35.0%
  1. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Greetings fellow members!

As you can see, I have created my own projects thread for my upcoming mods/projects. You guys may have knew me from chat (I use it almost always :p), the old XLN, or from the mods I have migrated for the new site. Here is a brief summary of myself, I am a person who loves to build cities and mod equally, and tries my best not to let each of those two to interfere with each other, which I have failed horribly. Anyways, enough with the introduction, let me present to you all my second mod that took months because of severe procrastination, my attempt on duplicating the Samsung City Center building located at Seoul, South Korea.

Here is how it looks like so far, more pics soon on its XLEX thread, hopefully today:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    It still have some glitches/bugs with the current version, but I hope the version I'll be releasing won't have any of those. :)

I'd also like to thank the chat people for their very big support and encouragement, Snick for his fantastic screenshots which I'll be using later, Nicko, Funky, KR and others for their precious help and especially Monty for the VERY VERY big help and advice he has given me through all these months. Thank you so much mate, without you I won't be able to finish this mod! And I hope I didn't miss out some of you guys, I might have forgot. If I did, just tell me.;)

Well that's all I can say, I hope you guys will enjoy it nevertheless. :D

Mr.X² and kipate like this.
  2. Myname

Myname Mayor

Oh, good ! :D

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

great news you finally managed to finish it (y)
    looks great and as i can see you decided to keep those colourful flowerpots :D

4. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Thank you all for the complements! I really appreciate that. :)
    Aside from that, it looks like I have to release this mod tomorrow. But for a good reason. ;)

5. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Amazing work and great quality. This fits prefect in my city (just what I needed) and certainly would in many others. Can't wait to see it on the XLEX. :)

6. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Awesome building Pam! 5 stars! You done a big improvement in your skills!

7. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

8. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats Pam, it s an awesome work you did!

9. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Can't wait for your next building for Cities XL!! :xllove:

10. vallamir

vallamir Elite

Nice building ! I think I will use it in Biggest City ;)

11. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Thank you all for the response, I just find it happy to know that you guys enjoy it. :)

Anyways, I have been thinking the previous days about what I should mod next. I've been​
    thinking about doing the Kurhaus located at Scheveningen but I was looking at other options.
    And I want you guys to decide it for me. So I added a poll at the top of this thread on what you
    guys want me to mod next, since I'm pretty much undecided on what I should do next. :p
    The poll will close on two days from now so I hope you guys will choose the best option you think
    I should be doing next. ;)

12. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I would do the one you feel most comfortable with at your current stage of modelling experience etc. Do the one you think you can make look your best and still give you a challenge to improve your skills

13. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Thanks for your opinion Nicko. Well I don't quite feel comfortable if I'll be doing the Kurhaus that is to be honest
    however I thought it would be a good challenge to be able to make European buildings in the future. But I
    guess I can postpone the Kurhaus since my skills aren't ready for it. :p But I'll still be waiting for what the
    people will think I should be doing. :)

14. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

As I mentioned in chat maybe start both then see which one you think will work best. also think about the textures you will need to source. Which one will look awesome.

15. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

I can't choose with a skyscraper hopefully the maastoren or something like that. how more skyscrapers how better. Kurhaus is what i also really want as request! My request succeed hopefully! And a european wall to wall pack serquently needed , there is a really lack of european buildings. take things like: Dutch city center buildings like those found in Amsterdam , Utrecht or Dordrecht. And Gamla Stan , Stockholm , Sweden. Or old Greece village buildings. There are thousands of such things. And Cities XL really have a lack of it. And not only the inner citycentre but also outer city centre has alot of Europe housing that CXL lacks. And not forget slums! That also is lacking. And don't forget European signs also lacks , like: The Netherlands , Sweden , Germany or Spain. So i can't choose.

16. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

So... you want him to mod all of that for you? o_O

But yeah I say just do whatever you're comfortable with. I'm sure whatever it is will be a nice addition to the game!

17. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

whatever you think you can do :)
    i recommend a small and nice looking building, not a pack, might be to hard/much for the beginning ;)
    whatever it will be, im looking forward to it

18. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

I am looking forward to a U.S. Public Buildings Pack and an American Public Schools Pack for Cities XL. :xllove:

19. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

i'd not say all , these are yust plain things we don't have and i don't need them! these are idea's , no mod requestes :p

20. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure they are ;)