1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Palacio de los Deportes Arena - Mexico City 1.0

Multipurpose indoor arena located in Mexico City.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Palacio de los Deportes Arena - Mexico City - Multipurpose indoor arena located in Mexico City.

Read more about this resource...

2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Am I the only one experiencing trouble building this Beautiful building? I've tried numerous times with both the base model and the no-collision version and every time I get an error message that it can't connect to city hall. Even bulldozed and rebuilt city hall to see if that would trigger a connection but it didn't. I wanted so bad to show it off in my next video. :cry: I could have sworn I built this in a quick test after downloading to see it and don't remember any problems. I sure hope there's a solution.

3. Monty

Monty Governor

The non collision version will not connect to the townhall because it doesn't have a collision box at all. You have to click on the upgrade to turn the collision on and it should connect to the townhall if there is a road near the plug.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Eureka! Finally after many, many attempts I figured out that the plug you're talking about is actually a RED DOT. I of course tried to build the non-collision version like I would the collision one, so that the base abutted the road. I finally got the bright idea to build the arena back some from the road to get the red dot to intersect the road. It took a couple of tries but I finally found the sweet spot. What was cool was that even though I built the arena in violation of collision rules once the upgrade was performed and part of the back of the base intersects with a road it lets me have it there regardless.

Now I have it where I want and it will make a great demonstration as I show how to build it correctly and how to get the RED DOT lined up properly. Thanks so much for helping me with the upgrade part, I didn't seem to get that from the overview description. I had been building it on very flat land, and even used terraforming plaza to make ground flatter but that didn't help. I also notice you used that gym pack with upgrades as the base for your arena mod. I have that mod and was worried there was a conflict.

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

how about setting mustconnecttoroad to 0 for no-colbox version? or would that cause trouble for gameplay aspects?

OmniusPrime likes this.
  6. Monty

Monty Governor

If I remember correctly it will cause job insatisfaction because people won't be able to get to work there so you must delete the jobs too. The idea was having the non collision advantages without losing functionality and jobs. The not connected to road serves as a reminder to upgrade it to get it fully working.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Here's my tribute to this awesome building. Thanks so much for helping me learn about the trick of the RED DOT and how to line it up with the street to get the upgrade working correctly. I liked the non-collision version as it allowed me to build the building where I normally couldn't have had it had it had a collision base. I demonstrate how to build this building in my video as well as showing that the version with the base works the same way as far as building it back from the road to get the RED DOT lined up correctly. The lesson came in handy when building the Admiralteystvo mod by Immort_al which I also show off in this episode.

Monty likes this.