1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Passing Reigns of XLNation

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by IcyHot, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

You may have noticed over the last 6 months my lack of attention to the website. Time and life commitments limit my ability to focus on XLNation.

With this in mind. I would like to turn over the reigns of the website to some one else. My hope is to complete this transfer by January 2017.
    • This will be a complete transfer of the domain name and xenFORO license.
    • The new owner will need to arrange for their own web hosting service.
    • I will provide a complete backup of XLNation to the new "owner" for installation on their own server or webhosting company.
    • I will provide limited technical support but honestly to take on this commitment you need to be knowledgeable in webhosting.
    Think before you act. You will be looking at monthly fees approaching $100+ per month to host the domain on a web hosting service.

Update: 11/30/16 XLNation will shutdown on March 1, 2017 unless someone steps up and takes ownership.

2. Stealthman31

Stealthman31 Skilled Worker

It's a sad day in the Nation, But understand your reasons for passing the reigns over. best of luck IcyHot

Drazicdesign likes this.
  3. secpol

secpol Governor

IcyHot,
    I agree with you, you are a bad manager, you missed my title, can still something:D? Well, my views on voting and message editing, You know. Nevertheless, I am sorry that the team splits.
    No offense, friend! Good luck!

4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly what "title" am I missing for you?

5. secpol

secpol Governor

I am a humble person than you think:D:D:D Generally there are rules of the site, I did not invent them.
    Дружище!

P.S. мне писали ребята, что ресурс не возьмёт много лайков, поэтому не перспективный, а затрат требует много, доминанта человечества только и живёт ради лайков, лучше так, чем стрелять друг в друга!

6. Игорь

Игорь Elite

Это точно, согласен полностью)

7. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Hi, IcyHot. Any news on this front? I must say that in my opinion, your time at the reins here turned this site around. I greatly respect all that you've done for xlnation.

MuxLee, Lokentaz and Pepino like this.
  8. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

No interest so far

9. secpol

secpol Governor

IcyHot, Ты Лучший администратор!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.X² likes this.
  10. Nick97

Nick97 Elite

Hi This is nick97 i wanting to know more info about you reigns XLNation I like to take over xlnation because I really Like Cities XL just email me please i will be really happy if i reigns XLNation my email is bolandnick7@gmail.com

Thank you

Wibi, Tim Scritchfield and Monty like this.
  11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have thought about this for a while now and would be keen if there was a steady flow of donations. I ran a forum for a few years on Xenforo so know how it all works. I've had VPS, shared, dedicated hosting before so know the insides and out of that side of things.
    I've been wanting to get back into running a site but restricted cash flow so far has stopped me. I have an opportunity coming up to get some space on a server but at this stage I'm unsure on the type of hosting it is and how long the space will be available.
    What do you think would be the lowest spec's for web hosting for XLnation to run on with out issues?

12. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

You dont really need a powerful machine, I think the current box has 8MB Ram and an I3 Processor

13. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Skullz, it is great to see you interested in this.

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm wondering if a good shared hosting plan would do the job?
    Name cheap could be a good alternative. Support is good as well as up time. I've never had issues with hosting. Bonus is they are a domain registrar. Plan prices are not to expensive and it would bring the overall costs of everything down.

15. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

That would be your call actually since most likely you would be footing the monthly costs

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I know, just thinking out loud.
    Important thing really is to pass it over to someone who is going to continue having interest in the site and also not make any changes. No point breaking what is not broken.

17. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

skullz is our man!

ps: is it possible to feature the donation system like a thread or sth? its not that easy to find

Dr. Wang, Jotape and kipate like this.
  18. Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang Skilled Worker

Nick if you take over this site it will turn into the quality of the mods. Which we all know aren't very good.

Mr.X², kipate and skullz613 like this.
  19. Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang Skilled Worker

Since this site goes around 90K views/month, you can have ads display and help pay for it

20. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I am not stepping down due to funds, currently the site is hosted on my own server but our office is making changes 1st quarter 2017 so hosting no longer makes sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.