1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Patch #4

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Yoper, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Yoper

Yoper Unskilled Worker

Hi,
    after installing patch 4 I can't play CXXL, the game doesn't start. There is only one info :Error loading mods... Some installed mods need other mods to work correctly. Those were automatically subscribed to and the game will now exit to allow Steam to download them" But nothing is being installed by Steam and I have installed all mods required. Please help me. Thanks.

2. mt313

mt313 Unskilled Worker

My cities load but, I'm only getting 5 minutes of game time before it crashes. All was fine before I installed patch 4.

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Try unsubscribing the community mod 2.05 at Steam workshop. Check the paks/mods folder and delete or remove the 2.05 mod file if it's still there. Then start the game and Steam will auto subscribe and install the mod and the game should start.

Yoper likes this.
  4. Yoper

Yoper Unskilled Worker

Thanks, now is OK. :)

5. ronrn

ronrn Governor

6. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I'm confused. Does Steam auto install patches or do they need to be manually installed?

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The updates should install automatically as long as you have steam set to install updates automatically

8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Now, with Patch#4, Steam will automatically detect if you are subscribed to any mods that require a "dependency" mod and automatically subscribe you to that dependency mod if you are not already subscribed.

In my case, I had the community mod 2.05 'from the XXL resources' manually installed and was not subscribed to the 2.05 mod at Steam. I started getting the "Error loading mods..." prompt and could not start the game until.....I removed the XXL 2.05 version from my mods folder and allowed Steam to auto subscribe me to the community mod 2.05 in the Steam workshop.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that there is some minute difference in the two files and Steam will not overwrite the XXL Community Mod 2.05 version.:confused:

note: just for the sake of rebellion, I hate being told what I can and cannot do, afterwards I replaced the Steam version with the XXL version again(and stayed subscribed to the one at Steam) and the game still starts just fine.

9. Destin Faroda

Destin Faroda Unskilled Worker

As far as I know, Steam adds an additional header to some or all Steam mods. I've found this out while checking a Total War mod with a Hex Editor and Notepad++.

10. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

you will find that steam com mod is v2.04 still or was, i think cause it was a due to a patch version update renaming files or somethin? either way as long as you download and use one of them from either xxl or steam it should work fine with xxl, just make sure you use one file only