1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch files packing/unpacking format

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Kankrelune, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Kankrelune

Kankrelune Skilled Worker

Hi (bis), someone have information about the patch files packing format ?

Have fun...

2. Monty

Monty Governor

3. Kankrelune

Thanks... :)

Have fun...

4. Kankrelune

It's not really what I search, it manages only extraction... otherwise if anyone knows a command line pack/unpack tool this will prevent me from reinventing the wheel... :)

Have fun...

5. Kankrelune

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

are you after the actual tool? I believe there are a couple different ones.
    I use this one here - http://www.generation-city.com/citiesxl/pakunpak/Download.php

Features
    • Unpak of a file or of a folder of Pak, Patch, Lvl, Sol, Sgbin files.
    • Pak of a folder data\... in a Patch file.
    • Unpak of a SGBIN file with automatic conversion of MC-DDS files into DDS standards and editable.
    • Duplication of objects thanks to the compression SGBIN which redeploys DDS to MC-DDS and offers you to enter a new name for the object. You can so duplicate an object, change its textures and its properties.
    • Explorer allows you to show all unpaked data in the preview window. It shows game graphics and texts with the possibility to configure external editors (text and graphic) to edit them more easily with a simple right click.
    • Export / Backup of your cities (Save game) with creation of a text file which contains the list of your mods installed to return easier the distribution of your city online. (If a mod was used for a city, it will be necessary on another computer to open this city)
    • Import: up to 10 cities are possible to be imported on Slots added for this occasion to not replace the official maps. A (playable) map "Plat-Pays" was added with that end in view, two by region for firsts 5 regions. It is on these maps that will be imported cities.
    • This help file which will become rich progressively, with tutorials..
    • A link "Check for updates"
    • Other improvements will follow: (Easy Addition of new maps (9 maximum) in the region "Generation City",

7. Kankrelune

Thanks Nicko2u... no, at start I search a simple command line tool for a script that I work... but I have find nothing interesting, so I've write my own script... otherwise I use PakUnpak me too, very good tool... :)

Have fun...

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

so what are you trying to do or achieve?

9. Kankrelune