1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Platinum city in XXL?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Auriga, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Auriga

Auriga Vagabond

I used the search function but haven't found anything but I can't believe that nobody else already asked this question ;) so sorry if this has been answered several times.

I know that it is possible to load cities from Cities XL Platinum in XXL, if you haven't used any mods. But, what is with a moded city? From time to time I check my list of mods I used in a Platinum city project, if they are also available in XXL. It looks like that everything I need is now probably available or has been replaced by a similar mod. But before I start to spend hours to put everything together and endless trail and error of loading my city in XXL I just want to ask out of curiosity: Is it technically even possible to do this? Or do mods work in XXL so different compared to Platinum that it is just not possible to load a city, even if I found exactly the same mods for XXL?

To give you a idea, here is a list of mods that are important for my city:

Furniture Dependency Pack
    Road Shader with Self-Illumination
    NEXL - Pedestrian Paths
    Realistic Highway Mod 2.0
    Promenade Pack
    Seawall and WaterRoad Pack
    24 Concrete Areas
    Grass Decoration Areas
    Water Decoration Areas
    Monorail 1.2
    Over Water Placement plaza mod
    Exotic Trees Mod
    Conifers Mod
    Deciduous trees Mod
    Urban Walls Pack

I also used a lot of mods that added new features, like over- water roads or buildings, collision box remover etc. but I think the city should load without these types of mods anyway? I also didn't put custom buildings on this list because I could just bulldoze them in my city if necessary.

XOUSTE likes this.