1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Ploppable Oldtimer-Cars 1.3

cars, car, vehicle, vehicles, oldtimer, ploppable

1. KingOfWombats

KingOfWombats Skilled Worker

KingOfWombats submitted a new resource:

Ploppable Oldtimer-Cars - cars, car, vehicle, vehicles, oldtimer, ploppable

Read more about this resource...

Sin City 5 likes this.
  2. Monty

Monty Governor

Hey, Congrats on your first mod released!

I noticed the patch file was a bit big for a car (or even for a building) so I'll checked the contents and I noticed you used a 8192x8192 texture map. That's too big, I'm afraid. Not even buildings use that texture size, to put things on perspective maps use 4096x4096 for terrain textures. The triangle count of the model was high too. not crazy high, but it would be nice if you could keep them under 2500 triangles, which is the recommended triangle count for vehicles.

Here you can find some info about the techncial aspects of vehicle models:
    Modding - 3D - Vehicle Technical Information

It would be great if you could make your models with characteristics more close to the recommended ones, that way we'll keep the game running smooth even with many mods. (well, it will crash eventually as usual :p )

If you need any help, write me a PM or ask in the forums (I don't check them that often) I have some experience modding vehicles.

Cheers!

3. KingOfWombats

I made a smaller texture map and reduced the amount of polygons to about 2500.
    But a new problem occured. I made the second vehicle and imported it to cities xl. Now the model of the first vehicle got replaced with the model of the second vehicle, now I have the second vehicle twice (only the model got replaced, the layout file and the interface picture are just right.).
    I don't understand this, becuase i named the two models differently and in the class file, I wrote the right sgbin. files.

4. Monty

Monty Governor

That sounds like an error in the file path/file names, I can't think another reason why it would happen. Are you sure you replaced your old patch with the new one?

5. KingOfWombats

6. KingOfWombats

7. KingOfWombats

8. Sin City 5

Sin City 5 Unskilled Worker

where is it in menu? thx

9. Steven H. Endermann

These files are big for cars. Anyway, thank you for these. Have you ever considered making ploppable people, or modern vehicles, like a red Dodge Ram 1500 with a couch and cooler welded into the bed, a full chrome finish, and jacked-up wheels? Okay, I was just messing with you about the Dodge Ram, but please keep 'em coming. These are cool.