1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Game: Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AzemOcram, Nov 14, 2014.

1. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I just saw on Cities XL's facebook page that they are making Cites XXL. Here is their little blurb:

What do you all think of this? Could this be Cities Unlimited? Personally, I think this is too good to be true.

--Ocram

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

they re gonna use all of our mods for their "new buildings" and stuff :ROFLMAO:
    no srsly, now im curious and :cautious: cause "multi-core-support" sounds a little bit too great

3. wilsonjj

wilsonjj Vagabond

mah...would be nice if the current city/map and mods are compatible with this XXL
    the only thing that XL is currently putting me off is the glitch when the city grows big..
    the glitch stopping me from building the city becomes un-playable +_=

4. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Fixing the Memory Leak would be really good. Changing the population function to be a flat approximately 4 per worker would also be nice. They already said they will make it support multi-core. I would also like to see crime in Cities XXL. I want it to look sort of like City Life's crime but not be class warfare (and be spawned by the same type of buildings as is spawned in the Crime and Leisure Mod + unskilled worker apartments, which are pretty much Projects).

--Ocram

5. Auriga

Auriga Vagabond

I also just read the Facebook announcement and it sounds to good to be true :) but hopefully it will be true. Multicore support, no memory leak, sounds like they probably programmed a whole new engine because these things were never fixed in CitiesXL.

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like a good improvement; I guess we'll have to wait and see until they release more information.

7. City_Master

City_Master Vagabond

Looks like in the image they released on facebook they're made several new recognisable buildings, such as the Q1 Building from the Gold Coast, Australia. (In front of the 'L')

This is both very exciting and unexpected! :D

8. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

That image is cover art, not a game screenshot.

If you'll recall there were several real world buildings in other artistic renderings for the previous game, many of which were never in the actual game.

9. City_Master

City_Master Vagabond

True, although some still made the cut.

I guess we'll have to wait for the coming weeks to see some more pics.

10. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

This is totally not something I thought would happen, and yes, it is just to good to be true. :p
    But I hope we'll get some more info in the coming days about CitiesXXL.

11. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Looking forward to this. :xllove:

12. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

This is awesome. I really hope they involve the community like Cities Skylines is currently. With a decent dev team this could be the city builder we have been waiting so long for.

13. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I hope that they release a good game free of all noticeable or annoying bugs and crashes. It seems too good to be true, especially because they announced this during a period of time that piggy backs off the holidays, Cities: Skylines and the end of support of SimCity 2013.

--Ocram

14. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

I hope there will be intercity railroads, weather, disasters, and a good terrain editor in this new version of Cities XL (Cities XXL).

15. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I hope they change the class zoning system to a land value system. Also some nice building construction animations, emergency vehicles animations and a simpler ui that makes it easier to find and solve problems.

Rene likes this.
  16. Spock

Spock Executive

i hope it was free

Rene likes this.
  17. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd try to be more realistic than grandiose at this point. You don't know much apart from some engine changes, multicore support, and lag reduction.

Of course those are HUGE new features that the community has wanted for some time, but I wouldn't hope for everything under the sun to be new or redone; at the very least not until we know more.

18. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Multicore and lag free is something that's going to take this game to the next level. If they throw in a few new buildings or maps then that's just icing on the cake.

Imagine if rail and bigger maps were part of the deal. Sexy!

Rene likes this.
  19. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

not expected...I thought they were forgot have made this game :D

20. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Just the name "Cities XXL" makes me think that we will get bigger maps. However, I hope that they improve the services and satisfaction aspect of the game so people can get sick, people can commit actual crimes, and buildings can catch on fire. City Life had working ambulances (usually if you zoom in on a Have-Not neighborhood, you will see one of the bums keel over and shortly after get taken to the hospital by an ambulance), City Life had crime (though it is all class-warfare), and City Life had fires (half the time from class-warfare arsonists, half the time by accident/random chance/environment). SimCity 4 and 2013 had detailed crime as well. I think that crime from housing should be tied to education, wealth, employment, security, and proximity to parks while certain leisure buildings and businesses should have their own crimes and criminals spawning. I think that likelihood of getting sick should be tied to pollution, lack of waste processing tokens, and hospital services.

--Ocram

IshRocker likes this.