1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem With Roads And Plazas

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by magg5693, Oct 30, 2014.

1. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

When I place roads or plazas in any irregular terrain (in all maps), I have this....
    141030062126872423.png
    141030062223886935.png
    Is there a solution for this?
    Thanks.

2. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

Pfff thanks for nothing hmmm :(

3. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I heard it has something to do with the map, the graphic settings of your game or your graphics card.
    I had this annoying issue last year but it eventually disappeared as I bought a new graphics. But it might
    have to do with the other reasons too which I said firstly.

4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

When that happens to me I just bulldoze that section of road and rebuild it

5. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I, too, also rebuild that strip of road by putting more attention into the elevation of the road and the surroundings.

6. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Solution: Use the custom content Flat Grass Area mod...http://xlnation.net/resources/absolute-flat-grass-texture.995/

Explanation: When putting roads down, the terrain will do what is called 'clipping' sometimes...it has nothing to do with graphics cards, it has to do with terrain and objects passing through eachother, so by using the absolute grass texture one can flatten an area around a road and it will it cause it appear normal again. One can then proceed to delete the unwanted flat grass (unless you do want it) and then place a texture you like. I usually will place all buildings in FIRST, then the flat grass, delete the said grass and place in the texture/plaza I like. This works 99% of the time. Some areas can be so jagged that clipping can't be avoided if the terrain between objects is to steep. One further tip, using ped paths helps with enclosing an area to whatever size you desire.

If that doesn't make sense, I can make a few images showing the procedure for getting roads to show up correctly.

7. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

I'll try all your advices... Thanks.

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

are they custom road mods? maybe they aren't digging the terrain correct. either way one solution I use to make a nice straight road is use a small bridge- level it to ground level, place it and it should terraform the area nice and level. Then just delete the bridge and re-add your road.

tip if you want to just edit a small section of the road, create a small T-junction either end - then delete the middle part - use the bridge method i suggested above.