1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with sgbin files

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Florian Grubert, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Florian Grubert

Florian Grubert Unskilled Worker

Hi, I would like to retexture some of the European Low Bridges by Drazic and Monty (Monty released it) for my city. The big problem is, when I unpack the .sgbin file and change the textures,etc. I can't repack the .sgbin.
    PakUnpak says Filename.dat is missing and aborts the process. I noticed that the .sgbin file has less files than other .sgbin files. I would really apreciate your help!!! Thank you.

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

which mod is it? must be a corrupted file or sth

you can try to create a new one (or copy another one and change the information) with notepad++ (the one i checked uses "UTF-8 without BOM" as coding)
    it contains
    Code:
    [SGBINinfo]
    OriginalName=b_prom_pier_l1
    OriginalNameMinMaj=b_prom_pier
    b_prom_pier is the models name, l1 means level of detail 1

you should be able to identify its name by the textures file names

Dunno if that works since i never had to do it^^ if not you can ask monty/drazic if they still have a working file

3. Florian Grubert

Thank you....but unfortunately it does not work, since there are no l1 to l4 files in the sgbin. I have no clue....Could you upload okeano's packer and unpacker here?! Maybe I could try that one....

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

no sorry i dont have that packer (and never heard about it).. i only use pakunpak (Tech Support - PakUnpak for Cities (X)XL)
    can you tell me which mod it is? then i can give it a try
    otherwise, hm, @Monty do u still have the files?

5. Monty

Monty Governor

Maybe, I'd have to dig in my old HDDs

6. Monty

Monty Governor

Bridges don't have lods, just a single model per section type, like this "r_br_pilemtybge01_40x40"

Here you have the original models: MEGA

You can change the texture in 3ds max and re-export the model with the viewer. 3 of them have only one type of model (pillar), except the first one that has a different model for the begin/end (only export the 10 meters wide for that one).

7. Florian Grubert

Great. Thank you. I'l try that out. :))

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member