1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Qualified Worker apartments 2.0

Qualified Worker apartments T4

1. secpol

secpol Governor

2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

secpol,
    Nice building but a few problems that keep me from wanting to use it. I did download it and built it in a city to test it out. For the larger exceptional density footprint we only have the same lame 100 C (at 10% tax rate) as your nice Soviet style high density Skilled worker buildings. I also would expect that such a bland building would have an Unskilled worker version as well. Too much emphasis on Skilled worker buildings for too many residential mods, we need more diversity for other worker groups.

I could live with the bigger footprint and bland looks if tax income were seriously increased as well as giving us an Unskilled worker version with increased tax income. Double or triple the tax income to make these bland buildings less bland economically and more enticing to want to use. The look is interesting but could use a little furniture or plazas for the bland base.

3. secpol

secpol Governor

@OmniusPrime
    Actually this mod experimental product and the building had to have twenty floors. I'm trying to deal with the problem CitiesXL Viewer (exporter in 3ds Max) I can not decide yet.
    For the construction of plazas I would have had to increase the base ~120x120 m.

Sorry, but Google translated as meaning that I did not understand:confused:

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. secpol

secpol Governor

5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

secpol,
    Your building lacks colors. I'll have to remember your English is better than my Russian but still not good enough for me to say what I want how I want. I can't remember if PONS does Russian translation, that's my favorite language translator.

I wish you'd put a color circle around the building and do a few versions with different colored stripes. I have many of your Soviet style building mods and love how you would make multiple versions of the same building, usually 3 to 5 different versions of the same building. All you did was change colors. If you also make an Unskilled worker version you give us more choice.

I don't mind the baseless version but it then makes placement more difficult. Plus I then have to block off the building with parking lots and 1-meter paths to then place a plaza beneath. That means extra work for me and others.

Without a base you may want to do something to make it obvious which way the front of the building points.

If you want to make the building more attractive for me increase tax income. Instead of thinking Soviet cost-of-living think Moscow's current high cost-of-living. Like ten times normal. That also makes up for bigger size than standard 60m x 60m high density.

Dobri Dehn! (Have a Good Day)

secpol likes this.
  6. secpol

secpol Governor

@OmniusPrime
    In reality, the buildings are not being built in close proximity to the road. My personal opinion reduces to, that remove all bind to the road building. Cities have become more realistic, but I understand that it's a game, rather than a designer simulator. But a lot of people on that website for a long time do not play the game both in the economic strategy, but simply build beautiful realistic city.

Снимок1.png

OmniusPrime likes this.
  7. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

In Cities XL Platinum, this building automatically grows in a space much smaller than the building so that it merges with everything around it..and it also seems to spread like a virus.