1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL RER / Road upgrade menu question? Too many?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by nicknick, Feb 28, 2018.

1. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I have very recently installed RER which is *great*, still added options are so many that some of the options at the bottom of the upgrade menu are not visible, to say it simply, it's "below" the screen.

It may something silly, still:

how can someone "scroll" in the upgrade menu when options are so many?? o_O
    Is there any way to see the options at the bottom or is it just too many options added and someone should remove some? :unsure:

Posting two pictures as an example. . .
    first one is with RER installed, sceond one is with no RER.
    As someone can see, there are some farm road options stacked at the end of second photo that are simply not visible on first photo.

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------------------------

RER INSTALLED
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------

RER REMOVED
    [​IMG]

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I can not remember what mod RER is. Can not seem to find it in my files.

EDIT: I found it, Road Euro Revolution. Have not tried it yet

Regarding the upgrade menu, the only thing you can do is remove unused mods that use the upgrade feature.
    It would be great to have a scroll feature but that will be up to Altiris to do if he can and is still active.

The other thing we can do is modify the mods we want by changing the entry in the class files that show certain mods as upgrades. I remember mucking around with a mod last year but can't remember what other files would need to be changed. If a road has an upgrade option but does not show in the normal menu then it would need adding I guess.

My menu has roads at the bottom also and I'm not sure if there are any hiding further down. Might do some experiments later in between building my new city :)

BahadirB and Drazicdesign like this.
  3. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you skullz613 :)

Got it!

:toast:

4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

All .class files with the tag
    Code:
    <AltGroup>City10</AltGroup>
    are found in the upgrade road menu,

In your example it is 10meter roads
    It would be necessary to separate the roads with car parks from the classic roads!

To do this you need to modify this tag
    Code:
    <AltGroup> City10 </ AltGroup>
    by another tag:
    Example:
    Code:
    <AltGroup> City10Parking </ AltGroup>
    This way all .class files with this new tag will appear in a new menu.

Or as Skullz613 says, the ideal would be to have a drop down menu ....

upload_2018-3-1_20-36-37.png

skullz613 likes this.
  5. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you Drazic :)
    I will give it a good thought during the weekend, not too familiar with classes and editing but i guess i 'll do no harm :)

Seems like baby steps but it's giant leaps :)

I think i understood it. . . :unsure:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Thank you!

BahadirB likes this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I changed the farm roads (XLN_XXL_drazic_roadfarm_v1.4) and the on street parking size 10 roads. Worked well. I can see all the other roads in the menu now :)

7. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you @skullz613
    I'll try to do it sometime in this week too.

Taking baby steps in reading this text files and editing but i am sure i 'll manage to make something.
    I understand these files are like a tree / "calling" procedures or other files to create the in game models and / or the interface, so i 'll unpak / pak and do the necessary editing in there

( yes, i 'll back up everything before :) , i don't dare doing nothing stupid there lol or skip any comma )

Thank you!

skullz613 likes this.