1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

Resources -trading costs ?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ronrn, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

quote:
    "Your supporting cities will incur costs in providing these resources...However, you set the price and you can control the transfer of these resources..."
    I came across this statement at the steam forum.
    Have I missed something? Is there a way to "set" your own resource costs for trading?
    If so, where and how..

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

and so.....to answer my own question....I have figured out, the answer is.....yes & no.

-resource costs in trading City-vs-Omnicorp are automatically deducted/recieved, in the trading panel's "cash" tokens line, at game/Omnicorp's pre-set prices.
    but:
    -resource costs in trading City-vs-City don't happen automatically & must be transfered manually through the "cash" tokens line in the trading panel. (the part I missed,duh..)
    -this being the case, you can "set" the costs for buying and/or selling resources at whatever price you choose.

Wait! Don't leave yet, I have more:
    -to "cheat" or "not to cheat".....the "Ultimate Omnicorp" mod works well in XXL.
    so, according to my high school math skills and Texas Instruments:

without the Mod:
    -Don Madalff will charge me about 6x the costs of a resource when I purchase from Omnicorp, but:
    -I will recieve about 4x the costs of a resource when I sell to Madalff.
    vs.
    with the Mod:
    it's just "this" for "that" and no one profits from anything....hmmm......ok, now I'm getting dizzy.

What's this all about you ask? In an attempt to make things more interesting in a multi-city planet environment, I've created my own Omnicorp city on a full resource map, aptly named "New Omnicorp".
    So, unless my "New Omnicorp" city strictly follows a "set value" on resources as Madalff does, it will be like playing a game of chess with myself.

And, before anyone ask, yes, I do love the sound of my own voice.
    sorry, IcyHot, for the waste of bandwith =)

mod suggestion: trading tutorial