1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

RHM2 Tweaks and Fixes 3.0

Edited RHM2 version with new features and fixes

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr.X² submitted a new resource:

RHM2 Tweaks and Fixes - Edited RHM2 version with new features and fixes

Read more about this resource...

2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there MrX2.
    As you suggested, there is one eventual fix i think would greatly improve rhm. Don't know if it's possible tought.
    The thing is:
    curves made with rhm are very rigid, often resulting is some unnatural curvatures.
    There must be a place in the code which controls the smoothness of the roads.

My suggestion would be adapting standard values for normal and custom roads into rhm, meaning more natural curves...

Steven H. Endermann and Miguel like this.
  3. Steven H. Endermann

This was a great idea. Hopefully, this mod will make RHM building a lot easier. Anyway, can we get a 5-lane bridge? That is the only tweak of which I can think (and what @luis diogo said above).

4. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Yes I was talking about the discussion thread. I wanna know where it was. You said we cut put our RHM-requests down here. But there was no link at all , so I'd wanna know. I wanna request a few stuff.

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

seems like its not up here on xln or the search engine is just crappy...^^
    anyways.. heres the 5lane bridge mod by "sapientia"
    ZZZ_XLN_sapientia_RHM2_more_rhms_v1.0.patch

uhm o_O thats the discussion thread. here.
    so whats the request? :confused:

yeah that would be pretty cool. dont know if that is possible.. gotta do some experiments and see
    actually every road consists of 40m long pieces, so there shouldnt be a difference, but well, its cxl and strange things can happen :LOL:

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  6. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yeah that would be pretty cool. dont know if that is possible.. gotta do some experiments and see
    actually every road consists of 40m long pieces, so there shouldnt be a difference, but well, its cxl and strange things can happen :LOL:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking into it. It would be a fantastic improvement.

7. Steven H. Endermann

@Mr.X² Thank you for that link! Let's try er out!

8. Ryan_cat

Ryan_cat Executive

can't reply the review...
    the 10m bridge is not too small,actually the lanes of the 10m are of the same size to the 1 lane RHM.
    in XXL,the 1 lane RHM bridge is able to be upgraded into 10m bridge,but not conversely.

the 1 lane RHM bridge is to big,i mean the bridge itself not the lane,while the 10m bridge is much smaller,which is more realistic. so please do that :)

9. Steven H. Endermann

It worked out well. I will post some pictures later. Thank you for that link.

10. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Ok a little confused , since you say remove all other rm2 versions, does that mean this does not come with the installer,
    and if so how to install?

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

erm nope it doesnt come with an installer, its a modified version of rhm2
    just place it in your paks folder
    remove previous rhm2 installations (patch files; i think the original one is just called rhm2.patch), excluding rhm-addons
    sorry dunno how else to explain..

just had several looks and experiments but for some weird reason it just wont the f* work.. dunno if i can find the issue, maybe someday when i have more time than now

good :)

12. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I'd like to thank the author for responding to my review of this version of the RHM2 tweaks and fixes and his solution which amounts to absolutely nothing... I guess there is no remedy... I'll just try to be careful placing the "pillars".

13. CyberDophin

CyberDophin Vagabond

why cant i play the game after putting the patch file in "Paks" ??

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

15. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

This mod conflicts with the wear and tear mod, to bad because the wear and tear mod is essential for a European town

16. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hm never figured out any conflicts.. if there are some, it must have a conflict with original rhm2 too
    can you tell more about that conflict?

17. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

When I place a intersection the Intersection takes the texture of the rhm

18. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

As a whole this remix of RHW is very exeptional, I really love how your able to place pillars in actual areas that are realistic... its unfortunate that once placed... they can't be deleted... making interchange creation a great deal more intensive, the visual trade off is almost worth it... The thing that I've discovered for myself is that bridges are a LOT less smooth... clunky and squared to be exact.. something I didn't care for in the original RHW.. Is it possible to smooth out the curves... I think I read somewhere that adjusting a few lines of code might do this... I like to give it try if someone could point me in the right direction..... Any help would greatly be appreciated.... Thanks....

19. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

since google wants my phonenumber to create an youtube account you gotta watch the proof that pillars can be deleted on mediafire :p
    pillarscanbedeleted.mp4
    just select it and press "delete" key on your keyboard

about smoothness: probably its possible the same way as nocollision road works.. but atm i dont have time to figure this out
    a difference from my edited to original rhm2 smoothness is technically not possible.

thats normal and cant be changed
    (at least i dont know a way, tell me if you find someone who knows)

20. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

Thank you for your response... it was truly appreciated... I'll take your word for it and just try to figure how I should place the arrow to delete, because whatever I'm doing ain't workin'