1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Road Addon Mod in XXL and minimum length of road

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by nicknick, Feb 14, 2017.

1. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I am trying to use RAM in XXL in order to do the procedure described here:

sp | XLNation - Cities XXL

I have managed to do this succesfully in XL. Example:

[​IMG]

I cannot do the same procedure in XXL and i get this message right before doing the small segments:

[​IMG]

-------------------------------

The procedure needs two mods that i have already installed.
    The RAM: Transportation - Road Addon Mod (RAM)
    and the flexible positioning mod: General - Flexible Placement Mod

I have installed both, both work as they should except RAM does not allow me to make a small increment street or road in XXL.

i have tried:
    a) to change mods names so they load last, first or other alternatives
    b) removed ALL mods except these two and the community mod
    b) talked with Kipate who can use it sucessfully in XXL and has already provided valuable advise about the procedure but wasn't possible to find why it's not working in my XXL
    c) Ole had the same issue, sent him a message but he hasn't signed in for some time

So. . . can anyone help shed some more light on it?

Why can't i make a small increment road?

Thank you in advance

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Trying to completely redo your work from the beginning,
    For some reason I have had the same problem as you,
    And then trying again, I managed to make a nice circle

[​IMG]

3. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you Drazicdesign. . . i must have tried it at least 20 times :cry:

From what i understand, in order for the final piece of the road to be a perfect circle, the initial segment where it snaps must be of minimal size.
    This is where i am stuck. I cannot make this small increment in XXL although i have done it in XL.

I ll try it once more :ROFLMAO:

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Actually, I just thought again about your problem. And if it works in XL, it works in XXL when you have the same mods installed. Hence you are missing the no collision streets.
    Changes - Small Collision Box Mod

5. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you Kipate. It did not work, it's not this one. . . but you gave me a very good idea:

"if it works in XL, it works in XXL when you have the same mods installed"

I 'll go back to XL and do the reverse. Find which one pairs with it and makes it work in XL.
    back up all foders. . .removing all mods except the necessary, check it does not work in XL and getting them back in halves till i find the one. . . b. . . it 'll get some hours but worth it.

I like your square, clear logic. . . :finger: . . . thank you. . . logic stands behind most things in this world indeed.

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

was just about going to say the same...
    what i do know: you do not need RAM for this, its another mod which includes the nocolission roads, but unfortunately i cannot remember which one it is... :/
    (actually id remove ram for testing purposes since i dont use it and never had an issue building these smooth circles; there could always be a conflict)
    and flexible placement mod is not needed as well. as far as i know it only changes snap sensitivity of objects which do use a colission box. thats a global setting and has nothing to do with nocolission-roads. but uhm, welp...
    good luck and please tell us if u can find the mod that is needed (and includes no colission roads)

7. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I think after 11 hours i found it. . . need some minutes to add a photo

8. nicknick

nicknick Governor

As said Mr. X2. . . thank you and thank you all. . .

The missing link is almost sure a mere 1Kb file that seems to be related to UIM, still putting it in XXL mods it seems i can start the small increment streets and then make the curvy sweet road. . .

[​IMG]

The small increment start is what enables the circles. . . ( this is my assumption now ) and when i added this UIM file from my XL mods to the XXL mods it was enabled.

I will unpack it tommorow to see wtf is this sweet file, also indeed as suggested remove RAM and the flexible placement mod and test that all is table etc.

I. .

After 11 hours. . . HAAA. . . beer for all. . . ( a little. . . ) and then sleep for me

Thank you, it seems it's solved. . . i wanna ensure it tommorow and triple check this is the culprit. . .

:xllove: and a big thank you

:boww:

EDIT:
    RAM is needed i think , i'll have to triple check again, i also unpacked the specific 1kb file to see what it included and it's jus a line of code, related to UIM, we 'll ss. . . worthy of some digging to find what's going on

Mr.X² likes this.
  9. kipate

kipate Governor

1) The mod that contains the no collision roads is this one already named above: Changes - Small Collision Box Mod
    I unpacked it already years ago, so I know its content.

2) RAM is NOT needed. I have two XXL mod folders, one for American Cities, one for Chinese Cities. The folder for the American Cities has DrazicDesign's US Road Pack in it, for which I deinstalled the RAM.

3) Also I highly doubt that a mod related to the UIM has any effect on the no collision streets. "Resource Mode On" means what it means, all resources enabled.

10. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you Kipate. I 'll try to see what's the deal after a coffee :)

11. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Indeed, it's the one @kipate was saying right at start.

We should probably post in here: sp | XLNation - Cities XXL some clarification, regarding what needed. RAM is not needed. . .

Thank you Kip! Solved.

kipate likes this.
  12. Gioroman87

Gioroman87 Elite

so you have to delete the folder small collision box? or insert it? @nicknick

13. nicknick

nicknick Governor

14. Gioroman87

Gioroman87 Elite

15. nicknick

nicknick Governor

playing XXL or XL?

16. Gioroman87

Gioroman87 Elite

I solved thanks I had pressed the button limitless ... thanks very kind of you to have given me the answer.

17. nicknick

nicknick Governor

(y)

Gioroman87 likes this.