1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

Round 1:

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Dreian, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Guys, glad to release the STAGE 1 ROUND 1 objectives. If you have questions, we will be glad to answer to them & precise any part of gameplay you have doubts about.

Contests of Intro round are beeing processed by a jury (IcyHot, TheFunkyMonk, Gbojanic, Nicko2u & Snick) and will be soon communicated to you.

Months have passed and civilization has progressively started to make Alpha Centauri its own… The biggest surprise, was probably to settle in an almost virgin world regarding the presence of complicated animal life, while the vegetal environment was such abundant… It was easy for settlers to acclimate and organize “life as they knew it”…

Back on Earth, a lot of people were waiting for getting their “ticket” to Alpha Centauri. In the Expansion Programs offices, people were waiting for days in order to get an appointment. The waiting lists were huge, and it’s well known it was not uncommon to see people ready to sell all their belonging on Earth (including real estate), just to be sure to have a place booked in the best delays.

The tour agencies granted the AC label of tourism had completely sold out their offer for the next two years due to a very restricted lack of facilities… You may not be surprised to have read the major black market deals ongoing…

On AC, the expansion programs flourished, reached a certain level of autonomy by exploiting immediate resources… and people started to enjoy a day to day life.

But expectations were high and people were eager to respond to the exigences, as Bureaucrats of the Federation continued to implement a lot of KPIs to be fulfilled by Expansion Programs… it was never enough… Titania was at the same time “the place to be”, and the place “you don’t want to be”… political intrigues, lobbyism…

But in the EP, a lot of people thought it difficult to continue to live in the same rigid structure of prefabricates & colonization camp facilities… diversity was needed to keep up the mood of the population, and soon enough a lot of EP decided to adopt a more flexible urban plan. It was very important for some ethnical groups to recreate the original aspect of what a city look like… Colonial villages, historical centers… everything was good enough to be recreated for the population to feel more comfortable…

Here are the main rules to follow for ROUND 1

1. You are free to keep or destruct your colonization settlement (as announced in the Intro round objectives. That introduction was only necessary for getting everyone on board & explain the gameplay).

a. If you have decided to keep your initial settlement, you are free to start building a touristic resort in the neighborhood of the colonization camp (or adapt it within). You can use hotels from Beach Pack & any other building you might find suitable. You can make modular facilities with pools & ploppable items. Try to keep realistic in average size & the height of the buildings used.

b. If you have decided to start from scratch, you can “convert your previous settlement” into production materials. You can start growing industry with modular facilities & warehouses complexes that recycle colonization camp materials for their re-use.

2. Population restrictions

a. Your Expansion Program country/ can reach an average of 50.000 inhabitants per city (a country of 3 cities cannot overcome 150.000 inhabitant).

3. Airports restrictions

a. 1 runway maximum.

b. 1 Small terminal & 1 freight terminal + warehouses… Max 10 planes per airport.

4. Harbors restrictions

a. Coastal cities can start developing industrial harbors or a marina (pleasance harbor).

b. If a city kept its original “shipment zone” that was a harbor, it can concentrate on the marina for example

c. The building of a marina can be accompanied with a few luxury villas

5. Thematic packs

a. You can start using any building pack (Medieval, American, Colonial, Asian…) that may fit your gameplay

6. Country’s capital gameplay,

ROUND 1 "WORLD EVENT" concerns only capital. Check the dedicated contest description to learn more

7. Buildings restrictions

a. Try to keep to the minimum the quantity of buildings that are higher than 10 floors. The "be realistic" rule is still to be considered (i have a 50 000 city... will it be realisticaly that i have that much buildings?)

b. Do not use any highrise condominium

c. Every country earns 1 Midrise office skyscraper (from 20 to 30 floors) for the HQ of their Expansion Program. The building can be built now, or later. You can use Fayeddd modular construction mod to simulate the stages of construction, but it’s not an obligation. You are welcome to propose us the candidate for your country, If you have a doubt.

d. No major landmarks are allowed.

e. A table with buildings height will be published in the rules part of CoXL forum.

8. Transportation restrictions

a. You can start placing 3*3 roads.

b. 3 small bridges (2*2) maximum per city or 1 big (3*3) + 1 small (2*2)

9. National project development

a. No projects (RHM, modern CBD, famous landmarks) are allowed

Country Event: “Real Estate:1” Contest between members of a same country

"There is a huge demand on housing but resources are scarce and your EP is conducting an internal tender to find a good cheap proposal for building some housing lots"

Real Estate project requirements
    · The housing project is dedicated unskilled/skilled
    · Buildings should be of modern look
    · 3 regular “low density” buildings can be used in maximum,
    · Pedestrian paths, & parks are authorized.
    · small leisure, commercial & office buildings can be added
    · The whole complex should not be more than 30 buildings with 75% housing.

Reward:
    · A luxury T3 Managers Condo (lower than 100m / stories) for the management staff of the Construction company
    · The loosing cities have to “convert” their projects with the buildings (only the unskilled/skilled houses of the winner’s one.

World event: The administrative district

Only country capitals can participate to the contest

As your EP is organizing itself, it needs a proper administrative district for economical deciders & politics to meet and work effectively.

Any administrative district has to have the following facilities:

· A representative office of the Federation (to be chosen by Kipate, should be the same in each capital)
    fdo0.png

· A representative office for each foreign EP (to be chosen by foreign EP players, should be the same in both other countries)

· A representative office for each city of the country (building to be chosen by the city owner)

Keep in mind that: Federation Building Size > EP Building Size > City Building Size

· The district should be organized with pedpaths, parking lots, plazas/ parks…

· Various T2/ T3 buildings for offices, hotels, retail, Elite & Managers flats…

· The whole Administrative center should not exceed 50 buildings. You can use in a reasonable way no collision box buildings to create unique structures. The overall layout of your Administrative district should be low rise. Maximum 3 buildings can top the overall height of the district.

· You are authorized to plan the streets layout of a larger CBD to make it grow in the future and understanding how your project is going.

Rewards:

· A classified “1” landmark for the winning capital. (Building will be communicated later)

Thematic Event: “Sports Academy”

“3 Big Sports Federations are searching for implementing their activities on Alpha Centauri. They are searching for cities that will provide the best conditions to build youth training centers.”

You can choose to compete in one of the following events.

The FIFA Academy

· A multifunctional complex of football fields (soccer) with headquarters (not higher than 15 floors)

· 5 soccer fields max, 1 small swimming pool (ingame), 2 basketball fields (mod), 1 Handball field (mod), 1 tennis court (in game)

ATP Tour Academy

· A multifunctional complex of tennis courts with headquarters (not higher than 15 floors)

· 10 tennis courts max (in game), 1 small swimming pool (in game), 1 basketball field (mod), 1 handball field (mod), 1 Stadium with Track & Fields (in game)

NBA “Basketball without borders”

· A multifunctional complex of Basketball playgrounds with headquarters (not higher than 15 floors)

· 10 basketball courts max (mod), 2 Handball fields (mod), 1 small swimming pool (in game), 1 stadium with track & fields (in game building), 1 US Football Field (Ingame building)

Rewards:

· Losers have to destroy their project from the city landscape.

· Winners of each category will keep their project in the city.

An additionnal winner will be determined between the 3 contenders that have each categories and will receive the right to build a surprise "1" classified landmark

kipate and Pamascus27 like this.
  2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Yes!!!:D

3. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I choose the Yasuda Bank for the embassy/representative building of Echa.

4. Fjarlaegur

Fjarlaegur Unskilled Worker

Does the theme include german and spanish packs as well? And I have a problem regarding the bridges.. my map consists of many many islands... how do i connect them? Could maybe my city get a different restriction in place of the bridges?

5. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Yes, you can use all the themes. In your case, I think it's okay to build some more smaller bridges.

6. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

fjarlaegur... good point we did not think about... i guess in reasonable ways you can of course adapt your gameplay to that situation and build a few more bridges than allowed

I will debate this with other moderators & we will come back to you with more précisions.

Thank you for having raised the issue. That is the kind of behavior we want to see from you guys when you are confronted to a rules problem. We'll always adapt ourselves to let you have fun with city building!

7. Fjarlaegur

Thank you very much! :D

8. Fjarlaegur

And you're welcome, glad to help and be helped :D

9. President of Normany

President of Normany Unskilled Worker

The following building will represent the country of Normany:
    KxvxrK2.jpg
    (the building shown at the front and in between of the two roads)

Pamascus27 likes this.
  10. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I have a question, what if I decided to keep 30% of the starting settlement while demolishing the other parts of it?
    Does that mean I can have the benefits of both options?

11. kipate

kipate Governor

First of all, I would like to see a proof that it was exactly 30% :D
    Second of all, as you can imagine, 30% is not that much of the original base,
    so I'd opine you should focus on option b) totally.

12. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Alright I see, so plan B it is. Thanks for the quick response :)
    I demolished all but for the city centre. :p

13. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

So guys, we think to close Round 1 On January 25th, how is the round processing for each of your country?

One important question for us to know, is to understand if you have found any interests in the contests proposed this round... i've received some skeptical feedback from some of you regarding the real Estate & sports academy... so we might reconsider the rules, to not make you "destroy what you have built" if you've lost the contest...

Peter912, kipate and Pamascus27 like this.
  14. Marramar Presidency

So the government of Marramar have favorized the next building as its embassy:
    sketch-1421527285228.jpg

15. kipate

kipate Governor

But why exactly this one?
    I thought you would rather prefer some more Spanish Style Building...
    Just curious...

16. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Hmm, a little late (35 days after the announcement :whistle:) but I'll try to find an empty spot.

17. verners123

verners123 Skilled Worker

Just one question... Where do I find the stadium with track around it??

18. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I had to search for that one too. I think I used the stadium unlocker for that one, it'll be under sports leisure.