1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Selodinger's Construction Site

Discussion in 'Projects' started by selodinger, Oct 31, 2017.

1. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Greetings to all :)

Welcome to my projects page. In this thread, I'm going to show my projects or modding trials. The images will be shared in any progress, so feel free to say your opinions, critics and suggestions. Also, you can test my pre-release mods for the feedback.

P.S: I don't take personal request. Please make your request in here: User Mod Requests

My official resource, click the hyperlink to go there: Industry - Industrial Estate Building

Current progress: I just made a new apartment which is for t1 unskilled workers. Actually there are 2 apartments, they were put wall to wall. In game images are located below.

cxl_screenshot_cemke_13.jpg cxl_screenshot_cemke_12.jpg

What is your opinion, fellas?

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

a dirtmap/lightmap/ambientocclusionmap (what ever you wanna call it) would be cool :cool:
    but still nice without (y)

selodinger likes this.
  3. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Lightmap? Ah, I didn't add it.:oops: What if I add a lightmap, how will it make a difference?

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Heres an example from montys vray tutorial from the old site (dunno if its here on the new)

lightmapexample.jpg

Drazicdesign, Myname, Mr. Sky and 2 others like this.
  5. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Very considerable difference, thank you for enlighten me X.

6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I am not an expert on technical aspects of modding, but those buildings look quite cool to me! :sneaky:

And I am very enthusiastic about your progress in modding! Congratulations and keep it up selo! (y)

selodinger likes this.
  7. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Thanks for the kind works @BahadirB :)
    You can realize that I just inspired red roofed, simple Turkish buildings :sneaky: The mod works perfectly and it is on testing stage, however mod can be modified by adding 1-2 storey, changing textures etc. If I make any progress, the images will be shared :)

BahadirB likes this.
  8. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

You know how "obsessed" I am with the red-roof buildings. As you concede, they are very important for building Turkish-style cities. So I am very pleased that you go on modding with the red-roof buildings. Keep it up! ;)

Even though it was ages before I did play CXXL, if you need a testers for your mods, I would be more than happy to test (and enjoy) them when I play the game.

selodinger likes this.
  9. selodinger

selodinger Governor

The mods I've finished will be posted here for testing, before publishing them officially. So, including you, people will be able to test ;)

kipate and BahadirB like this.
  10. selodinger

selodinger Governor

In a week, I've spent time to find out the issue of confliction the two buildings. Learnt that one of the class file had a typo, and I've edited correctly. Moreover, a light map has been added. Well, the confliction has been gone. Here is the result :)
    0test.jpg
    The mod files were uploaded for testing and feedback.

By the way, I don't know why the building in-game icons don't show up :unsure:

Attached Files:

MuxLee, Myname, Kitsunebi and 5 others like this.
  11. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

The building looks pretty! (y)

If I can manage to get some spare time, I'd be more than happy to test the mods and provide you with the feedback :cool:

Edit: Are the mods are skilled or unskilled buildings? Are they T2, T3, or exceptional?

selodinger likes this.
  12. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Thank you :)
    Regarding the class, these houses were made for unskilled workers and it's only T1. ;) You can find them in their usual place (housing>unskilled>T1)

Also, I'm working on another building for skilled workers. Currently I'm trying to find convenient textures for it. Sometimes, it becomes a trouble-maker :bored:

13. brendonwright1989

These look promising, hope to see a release soon :)

selodinger likes this.
  14. selodinger

selodinger Governor

@brendonwright1989 thanks a lot :)
    These small houses will be released in this week, I guess.

15. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Hello again, long time no see fellas :)
    I was away from becoming active in the website due to real-life priorities. Anyway, I'm going to start modding again in this week, while I have some time.

The next project is working on some mid-size buildings. (e.g. 3-4 storey apartments with shops). Coming soon.

16. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Welcome back mate! :sneaky:

I look forward to seeing your mods develop. Keep us posted with the updates

selodinger likes this.
  17. selodinger

selodinger Governor

As I promised, have created an ordinary red-roofed building with shop. It is kinda "dummy", how newbie am I. :p
    Jokes aside, the images are attached below. Also diffuse map too, but I have some questions about the diffuse map :confused:. Shall I develop it or leave the map as it is? (The diffuse map I use is on the right one).
    1.png 2.png tex1.png
    Waiting for the opinions.

kipate, Lokentaz and BahadirB like this.
  18. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

It is not dummy! It looks nice! :sneaky:
    I have no idea about technical details, but as an end user I might have some recommendations. I do not know whether it is gonna be difficult but some balconies (like in your previous mod, with the balconies on the corner) would make it more realistic. Second, you could also add another shop display on the lower right section of the building, as it would fill the otherwise looking weird bottom. And just asking out of personal interest, can you increase the number of buildings with other colour options? I mean, the grayish white, the "unofficial colour" of most functionalist Turkish buildings, might be perfect for instance :D

Keep up the good work! (y)

edit: how about the back side of the building, do they have also windows, etc?

selodinger likes this.
  19. selodinger

selodinger Governor

@BahadirB hello mate. Read your comment in high spirits :)

There are many options in my mind like other color variations, adding another shop, some furnitures etc. You asked if I could increase number of buildings, yes, I have a idea like that, at least 5 different colors (especially light-toned ones). Just not sure about adding balconies on the building, I tried to create a balcony on the apartment shorty before, and seemingly, it distorted the model. Also, it has the windows in the back side.

Just started to create a "beta" version of the building with balconies, in case of something goes wrong :rolleyes:. Will use the same diffuse map with added another textures.

It's the absolute must colour of the apartment buildings in our country :LOL:

BahadirB likes this.
  20. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Fair enough :sneaky: In any case, I look forward to seeing your mods develop. If you need some sort of a tester, I would gladly try it on my city and provide you with feedback. :cool: