1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious doubt

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by xtraditado, Aug 8, 2015.

1. xtraditado

xtraditado Vagabond

I want to start a new game whit CXL's game . But i dont know which one to start.

The new XXL dont have a lot of new content.

The platinum game have a lot of mods rigth¿?

Which choose

The new whit the mods will out.

Or the best is choose the old one, whit all mods.

Thanks a lot and sorry for mi english

Edit*: The savegames can be moved from platinum to XXL¿? And viceversa

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

They say CXXL runs smoother, but only if you have a good computer with at least 4 cores. And only the newer and most important mods are compatible with CXXL, while almost all mods are compatible with Platinum. Meanwhile, the lag in this game is huge so if you have a good computer, I'd go for CXXL, otherwise Platinum would be the best.

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Despite some missing features and unavailable mod content, I just can't go back to the platinum version. I don't miss the lag, assigning cores, and constant restarts with platinum, but you can eventually get some awesome cities built.

4. pingyao

pingyao Skilled Worker

Definitely XXL. I used platinum previously and gave up due to lag, plus some mod crashes. I am now building a new city in XXL. So far so good. Most of the key mods appear to be working, but I'm using them sparingly and seeing how the game performs before piling in with other mods. Performance is vastly improved.

5. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

I'm fine with CXL 2012 :sneaky:

Mr.X² likes this.
  6. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Currently XXL modes number only 19% modes in XL. Supposedly some XL modes work under XXL but I do not feel like going through hundreds of them to find out which. Also it seems as things get "fixed" in XXL some mods cease to work. I am waiting to the percentage to get closer to 50% and the "fixes" to settle down before moving from 2012 to XXL.

Big Meany Mean likes this.
  7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

It's worth the trouble, I have at least a 50% mod count in XXL. (XXL-480 to XL-960)

8. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

There needs to some way to mark the XL mods that are compatible in the list by those who have already checked them.

ronrn likes this.