1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Sim City 6?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Radiant Dawn, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I found something quite interesting online; they're calling it "Sim City 6" in the works. I found it advertised by the Enodo Co., which is the same software company that is creating the Paris simulation game. One thing's for sure; whether this is real or fake, it's looks fuckin awesome. The only thing that I'm concerend about is if it will be released, how I will be able to get the compatible computer/game engine for it, and perhaps how I will also be able to afford it, but it looks great, I only hope I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
    Behold:

2. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

That is their professional/commercial city building/simulating program built on the CryEngine. It is currently being used by expensive companies for city planning or architecture stuff.

--Ocram

3. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Ah! Shame we can't have something like that. Of course, I suppose it's not necessarily too late to wish.

4. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I've seen this a while back. Enodo are a city services planning company. The owner of the company decided to make video games division. The trailer is for the game "The Architect - Paris". A game where you take over a current day Paris and solve it's problems into the future. Sort of like a SimCity where the city is already made for you and you just manage it. There's talk of them doing other cities like New York or London in their forums, but it seems progress on this current Paris game is very slow. I wouldn't be holding my breathe for anything from them this year if ever.

5. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

yep they are posting some shitty facebook updates once in a while... but nothing consistent...

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems like it would be some form of copyright infringement to use the title "Sim City".

Then again considering how that franchise has all but gone down the toilet, I guess it's no big deal.

7. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

So with all the talk lately around the new XXL and the CS I have seen many negative comments about the unity engine and city sims, what would be the better engine to use...cry or unity?