1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum [SOLVED] City crashing after 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kipate, Jul 2, 2016.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey Folks, this post is about a recent experience I went through:

My city loaded fine, anything seemed to be correct, and the game crashed after just 60 seconds.

So, first of all, I went through the standard procedure, checked the last log:

[09:46:29] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No callbacks for SlowWay
    [09:46:30] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Setting curved roads OFF in TagManager:RoadInit
    [09:46:30] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error
    ([string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievement.lua"]:251: bad argument #2 to 'max' (number expected, got string) stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'max' [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievement.lua"]:251: in function 'Update'
    [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievementsmgr..."]:174: in function 'Update' [string "AchievementsMgr:Update()"]:1: in main chunk)
    [09:46:30] SCRIPT csScriptFunction.cpp ( 164) ErrorBuild csScriptFunction::Call Lua exception in : AchievementsMgr:Update()

Okay, it turned out that this was not one of the common errors I had encountered before. It was a severe malfunction.

I asked @Monty for advice, and we both tried to figure out a solution. One of the links he found that centered about the same problem was this one:
    Game crashes 60 seconds into loading a map :: Cities XL Platinum General Discussions

Unfortunately, the thread ended without giving a clear solution, so we still had to figure out something on our own.

Thanks to Monty, I was able to change the code correctly such that I could play the city again, and there have not been any similar crashes so far.

What did I do?
    I went to following file: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\offline\solo\adat.cxl
    (replace <username> with your username, and "Cities XL 2012" with the version you play):

There we had the following error:

<tab key='RoadLength' >
    <itm key = 'completed' value = 'false' />
    <itm key = 'completedLevel' value = '2' />
    <itm key = 'active' value = 'true' />
    <itm key = 'id' value = 'RoadLength' />
    <itm key = 'completion' value = '-1.#IND' />
    </tab>

I replaced <itm key = 'completion' value = '-1.#IND' /> with <itm key = 'completed' value = 'true' />, saved the file, and could enter the game again without any new crash :)
    I guess that it may also work to replace the line with <itm key = 'completion' value = '0' />

Have fun playing :)

Monty likes this.
  2. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Looked at mine. The 'completion' value = '83.1'

3. kipate

kipate Governor

As said, it was just that in my adat-file, the value was not defined, hence I needed to change it. 83.1 sounds good :p