1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. XLNation has a new domain name: http://xlnation.city Please make a note and update your browser bookmarks.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum [SOLVED] City crashing after 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kipate, Jul 2, 2016.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Aug 23, 2014
    Hey Folks, this post is about a recent experience I went through:

My city loaded fine, anything seemed to be correct, and the game crashed after just 60 seconds.

So, first of all, I went through the standard procedure, checked the last log:

[09:46:29] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No callbacks for SlowWay
    [09:46:30] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Setting curved roads OFF in TagManager:RoadInit
    [09:46:30] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error
    ([string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievement.lua"]:251: bad argument #2 to 'max' (number expected, got string) stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'max' [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievement.lua"]:251: in function 'Update'
    [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievementsmgr..."]:174: in function 'Update' [string "AchievementsMgr:Update()"]:1: in main chunk)
    [09:46:30] SCRIPT csScriptFunction.cpp ( 164) ErrorBuild csScriptFunction::Call Lua exception in : AchievementsMgr:Update()

Okay, it turned out that this was not one of the common errors I had encountered before. It was a severe malfunction.

I asked @Monty for advice, and we both tried to figure out a solution. One of the links he found that centered about the same problem was this one:
    Game crashes 60 seconds into loading a map :: Cities XL Platinum General Discussions

Unfortunately, the thread ended without giving a clear solution, so we still had to figure out something on our own.

Thanks to Monty, I was able to change the code correctly such that I could play the city again, and there have not been any similar crashes so far.

What did I do?
    I went to following file: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\offline\solo\adat.cxl
    (replace <username> with your username, and "Cities XL 2012" with the version you play):

There we had the following error:

<tab key='RoadLength' >
    <itm key = 'completed' value = 'false' />
    <itm key = 'completedLevel' value = '2' />
    <itm key = 'active' value = 'true' />
    <itm key = 'id' value = 'RoadLength' />
    <itm key = 'completion' value = '-1.#IND' />

I replaced <itm key = 'completion' value = '-1.#IND' /> with <itm key = 'completed' value = 'true' />, saved the file, and could enter the game again without any new crash :)
    I guess that it may also work to replace the line with <itm key = 'completion' value = '0' />

Have fun playing :)
    Monty likes this.
  2. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Aug 30, 2014
    Looked at mine. The 'completion' value = '83.1'
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Aug 23, 2014
    As said, it was just that in my adat-file, the value was not defined, hence I needed to change it. 83.1 sounds good :p