1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Stay Logged In?

Discussion in 'XLNation Site Questions, Problems and Suggestions' started by veija2, Nov 9, 2014.

1. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I'm unable to stay logged in. Setting the address to http://www.xlnation.net doesn't solve the problem.

What am I missing? Ta

2. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Sorry to bother. I have re-re-read all the info threads ... again ... and still can't find an answer. I am having to re-log in a lot. Is any one else having this issue?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

nope not really.. i can stay logged in for several hours without any problems
    only exception is sometimes when i open a new tab after a long time beeing inactive i get logged out..

maybe try to check your browser settings

4. veija2

veija2 Mayor

thanks for responding, Mr. X 2. I don't see anything amiss with my browser settings. I haven't changed anything. It is when I open a new tab that I get the boot ....

5. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

To me I sometimes get logged off when in chat i click on a link to a newly posted thread.

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Weird, I don't seem to have that problem.

I think you automatically get logged out if you're not actively browsing the site after a half hour or so.

7. veija2

veija2 Mayor

that makes sense. But I am talking about while I am actively moving around the site. It seems to happen the most when I switch to resources.

8. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems like a bug. Which browser are you using?

9. veija2

veija2 Mayor

IE 11

10. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't heard of any bugs with XLN on that particular browser. You might want to post this in the "Bugs and Things to do" thread.

Is anyone else using IE having this issue?

11. veija2

veija2 Mayor

thanks snick. I'll do that.