1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL steam issue with XXL

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by axel, Dec 20, 2015.

1. axel

axel Governor

Hi sometimes if xxl ctd and i retry to play its says the game is still running and it wont launch the game, i try to exit steam first but it wont let me exit becose i have to close xxl first??? so i have to reboot my PC to start the game again, is there any way to exit the game or steam and restart xxl before i have to reboot and play again???

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the Task Manager, In processes tab select the game process, right click on it and select End Process.
    wl1jTFa.png

3. axel

axel Governor

thx mate, i did have a look but it i did nt see it running in task manager but still it was running on PC?? verry strange

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Yeah, it's possible. I don't think it was actually still running but steam somehow 'thinks' it was, so it doesn't let you restart the game. You can try ending Steam process and restart steam instead.