1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thanks for the donations everyone. That's another month covered :)
    Dismiss Notice

Testing Globalsettings Changes

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by skullz613, Oct 26, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been playing around with settings and came across this bit in the config file.

Code:
    <Errors>
       <LUA>
         <ConsiderUnknownActionScriptFunctionAsBuildError>0</ConsiderUnknownActionScriptFunctionAsBuildError>
         <ConsiderUnknownMoviePanelAsBuildError>0</ConsiderUnknownMoviePanelAsBuildError>
         <ConsiderRuntimeErrorAsBuildError>1</ConsiderRuntimeErrorAsBuildError>
         <ConsiderCompilSyntaxErrorAsBuildError>1</ConsiderCompilSyntaxErrorAsBuildError>
       </LUA>
    </Errors>
    Just for fun I changed the ConsiderRuntimeErrorAsBuildError to 0 and have not had a crash yet in my current city. I'm not sure if it's actually helping.
    Has anyone one looked at these settings before?

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Huh, never actually bothered to change other stuffs other than what was said by the author in
    the Globalsettings file. Hmm about yours though, I don't really want to touch that one yet until
    one tries it out and tells if its helping, but very interesting find I should say Skullz, someone
    should definitely check out what you have said! (y)

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Meantime I'll keep using that setting in the same city and push it to the limit. I could try RHM2 in it as well but every time I use RHM2 in a city, the city eventually becomes unstable. Might try it out and make it a separate save so I can back track.