1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum The Fan Of My Pc Is Working Really Fast...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by zenozone, Jan 15, 2015.

1. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

is that natural? it's ok? I've got a RAM 6Gb, Intel core It3630QM, 2,40 GHz, Win 8.1, Ge Force 740 2Gb+2Gb fromIntel chipset....

someone can help?

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Maybe your Pc is tend to overheat. Clean the dust inside; did you ever change thermal paste, if not, how long you have your PC?

3. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

I know about the dust... i clean...... I've got the notebook since less than one year, and really don't understand what u mean with termal paste...

4. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Oh, it's called thermal compound, I thought you had personal computer not laptop, whom replacing it is more difficult. Don't get me wrong I am not insisting on replacing thermal compound, but that could be the issue.

You could check usage of RAM, CPU, GPU when idle too. If those are high maybe you caught some malware.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Your CPU fan and possibly the other fans connected to your motherboard will sometimes spin faster when your PC is running programs/game that make the CPU work hard. This is normal for modern PC's.

The only other reason is if you took your CPU fan off and put it back on upside down. This will make the CPU fan really loud as it's working harder to cool the CPU down ( I did this a few weeks ago when cleaning my CPU fan :facepalm:)

6. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

lol thanks a lot Skull and puliaxz.. I use to work on 3d and graphic software "real project" I know about.... but the fan start to work harder only when i open cxl..... may is the not multicore support.... just when I lounch cxl so should be the game..

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah CXL does that to mine as well as well as a couple of other games I play. Nothing to worry about.

8. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

Thanks, again really gentle.