1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Tilikum Crossing

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by IcyHot, Jan 21, 2015.

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

The largest non car bridge in North America (Portland Oregon) is in the final stages of completion. Only the Portland MAX (light rail), buses, pedestrians and bikes will be allowed. 10% of daily commuters in Portland go by bike. Yup you heard it right, a bridge in the United States where cars are not allowed.

Here they are testing the new LED lighting system, which will be based on real-time data regarding the river’s speed height and temperature when the program becomes operational in September 2015

2. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

That is really cool! I love it! I had heard a little bit about it since I have visited Portland occasionally and I have friends who live near there. I think it would be really cool to go to Portland after that bridge is done and take the MAX when the bridge is lit up.

--Ocram

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Heck you can just ride a bike or walk across as well :)

4. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I guess I should probably walk across because transporting a bike from Seattle to Portland would be inconvenient and I would not likely rent one either.

--Ocram

5. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

You could do the STP -- that is on my bucket list of things to accomplish

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Wow nice Icy! Over here in Cagayan de Oro we also have a new bridge that opened to traffic temporarily some days ago.
    Looks like it was a huge bother to traffic because there wasn't any traffic lights installed so it had to close :p
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

kipate likes this.