1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading In Xxl Is Broken

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JimmiG, Feb 8, 2015.

1. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

Forget about lag, performance benchmarks, whether or not the UI is an improvement or not etc.

The game Cities XXL is fundamentally broken because the trading state is not saved with the city.

If you trade some tokens with either Omnicorp or another city, then leave your city and return, all your trading sliders are reset to 0. So every time you return to a city, you have to quickly pause the game and set all the sliders correctly again. If you're not only trading with Omnicorp, but also between cities, this can become very time consuming.

Previous versions of the game had some problems with trading, but now Focus have broken it completely making the game unplayable.

2. dlinkster

dlinkster Vagabond

I'm using the Ultimate Omnicorp mod and all my trades remain in place after I save the city. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or or not, but trading definitely works for me.

3. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

How did you get the Ultimate Omnicorp mod to work with Cities XXL? The download page says the XL User Interface Mod is required, and trying to install that in Cities XXL causes the game to crash.

I also tried just the Ultimate Omnicorp mod without the UIM, but this had no effect on the trading bug. To clarify, here you can see the issue:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aij839drt1k03fs/trading.mp4?dl=0

4. dlinkster

dlinkster Vagabond

5. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

6. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I am interested on both sides of this conversation please keep us informed!

7. Payiuco

Payiuco Vagabond

same bug here.

8. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think gameplay changes like this require UIM/Community patch.

9. clerks37

clerks37 Vagabond

I've just tested it with and without the mod and the same result no saved trading when reloading a saved city.

10. Inan

Inan Governor

I've seen a Let's Play on Youtube. Same problem there. Can so many people be wrong? This is a horrible mistake...

11. dlinkster

dlinkster Vagabond

Dammit. You guys are right. I didn't realize it wasn't actually saving the trades because I was trading to build up the cash tokens. This is very big flaw as I did notice that my trades for farms with Omnicorp are missing on saves. I apologize for the confusion. :-(

12. Payiuco

Payiuco Vagabond

13. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

14. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

I'm guessing there's a problem in the LUA code (MapSaveMgr.LUA?), but I'm not a developer so I can't be sure or fix whatever is wrong. I think all the LUA code is available to modders, though (CitiesXLPakUnpak still works), so if Focus schedule a fix for Cities XXXL 2016 Platinum for only €19.99 (€39.99 for new players), maybe the community can fix this in the meanwhile?

It also affects gameplay - since the trading state isn't saved with the city, all the surplus tokens from City A become available to City B as well as City C. City C doesn't "know" that City B already bought all the Fuel tokens from City A, because as soon as you exit City B, the trading state is wiped clean.

15. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

That is a problem. Maybe it has something to do with Steam sync? If I remember correctly the trading worked fine in beta version...

The Funky Monk likes this.
  16. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

Well, Steam sync only synchronizes the actual save files - This seems to be a problem during the creation of those save files. Still I guess it's worth a try to turn off Steam sync. I hope maybe some users here have a communications channel with the developers and can bring this up.

17. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

Just tried with Steam Cloud sync turned off, same result. All the trading sliders back to 0 after leaving and re-entering a city.

18. clerks37

clerks37 Vagabond

Defo not a steam issue, contacted a friend with a pirated copy (try it before he gets ripped off again) and the problem is the same. So that confirms it's not steam.

19. Payiuco

Payiuco Vagabond

msFiorentina likes this.
  20. JimmiG

JimmiG Unskilled Worker

Andommak, Jamezinho and msFiorentina like this.